Talking of the TV licence....

2»

Comments

• HWW wrote: »
    I'm sure your BBC PR friends will treasure that.....:rotfl:
    Can t imagine why you associate me with the BBC. Best I can do to assist them is to hand deliver TV licence reminders prior to Capita officers having a crack at them..Even my letter I deliver asks me to put my "officer I. D. number in the address with the exact time of the delivery as well. Scary !
    I hope TV Licence Resistance find out why they are libelling BBC stalwarts like Gary Lineker.
    I wont be "shopping " them but I hope they look into their website security to stop the hacking. I like the website and would nt want to see them bankrupted, like Katie Hopkins was.
    They usually pepper their home page with constant BBC slaggings off anyway with the usual grinning Jimmy Saville photos and other anti BBC stuff they can find
  • HWW
    HWW Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2018 at 12:02PM
    Can t imagine why you associate me with the BBC. Best I can do to assist them is to hand deliver TV licence reminders prior to Capita officers having a crack at them..Even my letter I deliver asks me to put my "officer I. D. number in the address with the exact time of the delivery as well. Scary !
    I hope TV Licence Resistance find out why they are libelling BBC stalwarts like Gary Lineker.
    I wont be "shopping " them but I hope they look into their website security to stop the hacking. I like the website and would nt want to see them bankrupted, like Katie Hopkins was.
    They usually pepper their home page with constant BBC slaggings off anyway with the usual grinning Jimmy Saville photos and other anti BBC stuff they can find

If TVL goons & similar, dislike being attacked - they need to change their job. Not that I approve of violence, I hate it.
    But I'm also a realist - due to cutbacks in the Police, violence is on the rise in the UK, doing a job like that - knocking on the doors of people who don't want to pay bills, is a hazardous occupation. Along with County court Sheriffs & similar. They usually travel in pairs, perhaps Goons also need go about in pairs..?
    But oh dear, if they were in pairs - only half of the visits will be made to properties that need the "Reminder" Capita will not like that, they are already almost bankrupt with a bigger black hole than the Milky way has...:rotfl: I think in Scotland, they go around in pairs already.

"Cannot imagine why you associate me with the BBC" :T That really takes the biscuit.....
    As for this Windbag kicker - is this the story you are whining about? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4205880/Gary-Lineker-saves-fortune-avoiding-tax-schemes.html It's in the Daily mail....
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 1 March 2018 at 5:53PM
    HWW wrote: »
    If TVL goons & similar, dislike being attacked - they need to change their job. Not that I approve of violence, I hate it.
    But I'm also a realist - due to cutbacks in the Police, violence is on the rise in the UK, doing a job like that - knocking on the doors of people who don't want to pay bills, is a hazardous occupation. Along with County court Sheriffs & similar. They usually travel in pairs, perhaps Goons also need go about in pairs..?
    But oh dear, if they were in pairs - only half of the visits will be made to properties that need the "Reminder" Capita will not like that, they are already almost bankrupt with a bigger black hole than the Milky way has...:rotfl: I think in Scotland, they go around in pairs already.

"Cannot imagine why you associate me with the BBC" :T That really takes the biscuit.....
    As for this Windbag kicker - is this the story you are whining about? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4205880/Gary-Lineker-saves-fortune-avoiding-tax-schemes.html It's in the Daily mail....
    No , that link is nt libel at all, its simply the truth. This stuff coming into the UKs number one anti BBC website is pure libel and so disgusting I dare not even repeat the worst bit on here. I dont want Gary sueing me as well
    I know the adverts are targeted at the user and this fake news hacking is nt the websites fault but they have allowed it by agreeing to use Google adshare, but even so the website should eliminate libellous adverts ( eg for erectile dysfunction from ex footballers ) and so the website should remain responsible for their advertorial content. The libel against Mr Lineker is a lot worse than that !
    Possibly a pro BBC hacker has targettered the website deliberately simply to bankrupt it .
    A question for you HWW .
    What is your opinion of a person who "claims " to not need a TV licence but who actually continues to watch live transmitted TV and the BBC in the privacy of his/her own home ?
    .Do you think that is OK ? Yes or no . And please do not carp on about low incomes, disabled or vulnerables. These same groups will get prosecuted for theft if they fancy a bit of shoplifting or other forms of small value theft just as they are correctly prosecuted for stealing from the BBC..
    Theft is theft ! .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport