IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Advice-G24/Gladstones Solicitors Parking charge.

Options
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the right direction. I received a parking charge from G24 in my company car on a big retail park for over staying the max time. This first letter does have photos of the car entering and leaving. My company refused to get involved and so gave my name and address as the driver. Since my first letter on the 16/6/17 I’ve have received 3 DRP letters between nov/dec 2017 trying to recover the debt. Then another 2 letters from Zenith collections for a reduced amount, and finally I’ve just received a letter on the 23rd feb from Gladstones Solicitors asking to pay DRP or their client now has the option to commence proceedings in the appropriate civil court. If do not pay in the usual 14 days I need to keep their client and agents up to date on my current address to ensure that the ability to defend any such action is protected as any county court judgement or decree can have a serious effect on a persons credit rating. It is therefore important that you are appraised of any future court action.

Due to me having 2 parking charges pre 2012 I’ve always just ignored them and eventually the letters stopped. However having now done some digging after this last letter which for the first time has me worried it looks like that was a bad move and I should of appealed. I’ve not contacted them or anyone while receiving all of these letters. Really don’t want to give in and pay but also don’t want a ccj.

Have I any chance of winning this. Can anyone please help. Thanks.

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,142 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 February 2018 at 8:13PM
    Options
    You are being scammed by muppets, Zenith are Debt Recovery Plus, and the letter you have from Gladstones is also Debt Recovery Plus using Gladstones letter heading.

As Waamo has shown you the chances of this going to court are as likely as finding a hen's tooth a debt recovery company cannot take you there.

You can't get a ccj unless you have been to court lost and still not paid!
  • Copiers76
    Options
    So I!!!8217;m still best to just ignore??
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As you are too late to appeal then that is the best option. They do have 6 years to take you to court so although it's highly unlikely they will just make sure you have a plan in place if you move.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.[/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • RJT2012
    Options
    I will keep an eye on this thread as I have just received a letter from DRP on Gladstones headed paper.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RJT2012 wrote: »
    I will keep an eye on this thread as I have just received a letter from DRP on Gladstones headed paper.

Best to start your own thread for help

I would suggest you issue a complaint to Sir Greg Knight
    who headed the new parking bill in the house

This is deception by Gladstones

https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/sir-greg-knight/1200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income