Anyone have a Sky dish outside in the garden?

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Claremac wrote: »
    Have phoned Sky and they seemed quite unsure of the whole process if it wasn't going to their engineer drilling into a house. They advised me to speak to an independent installer about putting up a pole or a tripod. I've done that and they reckon around £300 to supply and install a dish. That's not a goer so probably looking to do it ourselves. Will check with Digitalis Direct re the hybrid LNB.

£300??? The dish & tripod for HD+ you listed is £41 and for another £9.99 for a satellite finder you can orient it yourself, it's really simple.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SF-95DR-Digital-Satellite-Vanble-Measuring/dp/B075RYMGCH/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519762282&sr=1-4&keywords=satellite+finder
  • Claremac
    Claremac Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I thought it was a bit steep! I've spoken to Digitalis Direct and they confirmed that they don't do the Multi LNB for the dish I linked to so I'd have to get that elsewhere. The kit includes a satellite finder so I'need the kit, a flat cable, an extra lead to allow for a flat cable and the Multi LNB. I'm sure that won't add up to £300! If I get it in advance of my move I can check that the LNB fits the dish. This is beginning to look promising.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure