Transfers in the Skipton Lifetime ISA

Options

Comments

• where_are_we
    Options
    Full balance still in Halifax HTBISA. Maybe it`s time to contact Skipton.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Full balance still in Halifax HTBISA. Maybe it`s time to contact Skipton.

Have you posted the transfer authority form to Skipton?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank Alex, yes I was just being impatient!

As a quick update, the money has appeared in my account today. Skipton said they!!!8217;re processing the cheques received on the 22 Feb today so fingers crossed OP you!!!8217;ll receive something soon if you haven!!!8217;t already.

Did you get texts from Skipton to e.g. confirm they have received the transfer form? What other texts do they send throughout the transfer process?
  • Battersea174
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Did you get texts from Skipton to e.g. confirm they have received the transfer form? What other texts do they send throughout the transfer process?

I got 3 texts from Skipton: one to confirm they'd received the transfer request; another to say they were processing it; and then finally one to say it had been completed.
  • Ashers92
    Ashers92 Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Is anyone still waiting for their transfer to complete?

I sent my form in and had the text to say they received it on 22nd Feb. Another text on 24th Feb to say they are processing the request.
    My Halifax H2B account has been closed and no longer appears on my Internet Banking.

And now Skipton has removed the ISA Transfer In page I can't check up the current status of my transfer.
    #157 - Save £12k in 2016: £12000 / £12000
    House deposit saving mode active: £40000 / £40000
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ashers92 wrote: »
    And now Skipton has removed the ISA Transfer In page I can't check up the current status of my transfer.

Oh dear sounds like a clumsy implementation to stop further transfers. Have you tried messaging them to ask how you are supposed to see your transfer progress?

Alex.
  • Ashers92
    Ashers92 Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    Oh dear sounds like a clumsy implementation to stop further transfers. Have you tried messaging them to ask how you are supposed to see your transfer progress?

Alex.

Just been on their web chat.
    They were able to tell me current status, they have the cheque from Halifax, and they were even able to tell me the amount on the cheque. So now its just a matter of waiting for the cheque to process.

Then there's the game of working out how much interest has been added and how much I need to pay in to make the most of this years £4k allowance.
    #157 - Save £12k in 2016: £12000 / £12000
    House deposit saving mode active: £40000 / £40000
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ashers92 wrote: »

I found it didn't say anything useful anyway. In my account it just said something like 'processing' and claimed the balance being transferred was £0.01 from the date they received the form, until the date the actual balance appeared in my Skipton ISA.
  • Riff_Raff
    Riff_Raff Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was told on the phone back in January that the online part of the transfer process simply generates the paper form for you. They don't do anything until they get your form. My transfer status never changed.
  • eddiejones
    eddiejones Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, no useful information online but they're good at replying to the secure messages.

FWIW, got three texts. Two on Feb 19, saying they'd received the request (i.e. think that means the form)

And then March 7, one to say it was complete.

In between, I found out through the secure messages that a cheque had been received.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure