We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Aviva contact number?

Options
Does anyone have an alternative phone number to contact Aviva re pension drawdown please? The number given is 0800 285 1088 but I have been trying this for the past 2 days without success. I have also emailed but not had a response.

If anyone has an alternative number it would be appreciated - thank you

Comments

• Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Try: 0345 603 1061 (8.30 - 17.30 Mon-Fri)

Scrounger
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aviva have tons of telephone numbers covering different areas. Are you after the drawdown on legacy cases, drawdown on the DIY platform or drawdown via an advised platform?

Aviva changed their platform a few weeks ago and service standards are dire. I rang the other day and was given a 60-minute queue.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • robin61
    robin61 Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Aviva have tons of telephone numbers covering different areas. Are you after the drawdown on legacy cases, drawdown on the DIY platform or drawdown via an advised platform?

Aviva changed their platform a few weeks ago and service standards are dire. I rang the other day and was given a 60-minute queue.

Yes I am not impressed with Aviva. They've introduced a new website for the Aviva platform. Some things which were available on the old website are not possible and their staff clearly haven't been trained properly on the new service. That's if you can get through to them. The only way I could was by phoning as soon as they open.
  • wooder
    wooder Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's almost impossible to talk to anyone at Aviva at the moment so I'll ask the question here in case it has some relevance to this discussion -

If making a single lump sum drawdown from a crystalised Aviva personal pension where the tfls has already been taken, so in other words from taxable funds, does anyone know at what point would I need to start the drawdown process in order to make sure the withdrawal occurs in this tax year (ie. before April 5th) ?

Aviva seem a bit naff in the way they operate because I think you first have to manually sell units of your chosen investment to move the amount into cash and then set up a withdrawal from your cash account.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If making a single lump sum drawdown from a crystalised Aviva personal pension where the tfls has already been taken, so in other words from taxable funds, does anyone know at what point would I need to start the drawdown process in order to make sure the withdrawal occurs in this tax year (ie. before April 5th) ?

Not done one on the new Aviva software. So, untested here. However, I have used FNZ based platforms and typically on those it is crystallised within 24 hours (often within the hour and some use CHAPS to get it in the bank account same day too).

Given the issues with Aviva at the moment, I wouldnt delay.
    Aviva seem a bit naff in the way they operate because I think you first have to manually sell units of your chosen investment to move the amount into cash and then set up a withdrawal from your cash account.

That is the old software. The new software includes the sale of funds as part of the wizard. However, whether they have moved the DIY side to the new software I cannot tell you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • The_Book-keeper
    Options
    wooder wrote: »
    It's almost impossible to talk to anyone at Aviva at the moment so I'll ask the question here in case it has some relevance to this discussion -

This is basically what I'm trying to do - I've sold some investments to facilitate a partial drawdown and the funds are showing in my cash account on 1 page of my account, but when I try to proceed to the withdraw section I'm told I don't have enough funds in my cash account. I've been emailing and ringing them since Wednesday but can't get a response. I tried ringing them again this evening just after 5 pm but there was a recorded message informing that they have temporary closing hours at 5 pm at the moment:mad:
  • wannaberichbtch
    Options
    I have also had these problems with attempting to contact Aviva, basically they have shut down communication with their platform customers.

Regarding withdrawal requests, from my experience it takes about a week from an action you take on your account i.e. selling units for this to update on the withdrawal side.

Hopefully in a few days the system will have updated and allow you to request your withdrawal.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Just imagine how miserable it is for the poor employees taking the calls. Almost everyone they speak to is going to be cross at best. They weren't the ones who planned or executed the change, they are just the front-line call handlers, dealing with the fallout. No wonder they are stopping at 5pm on a Friday.

Having seen my Son sobbing at the prospect of going back into a call-centre where the customer had split the work between two centres with no software updates between them, it is worth walking in their shoes for a minute while you are waiting for your connection, however frustrating it may be.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • robin61
    robin61 Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    Just imagine how miserable it is for the poor employees taking the calls. Almost everyone they speak to is going to be cross at best. They weren't the ones who planned or executed the change, they are just the front-line call handlers, dealing with the fallout. No wonder they are stopping at 5pm on a Friday.

Having seen my Son sobbing at the prospect of going back into a call-centre where the customer had split the work between two centres with no software updates between them, it is worth walking in their shoes for a minute while you are waiting for your connection, however frustrating it may be.

I agree it's not the fault of their call centre staff. They have been badly let down. Actually i felt quite sorry for the girl I spoke to eventually.
  • The_Book-keeper
    Options
    I have also had these problems with attempting to contact Aviva, basically they have shut down communication with their platform customers.

Regarding withdrawal requests, from my experience it takes about a week from an action you take on your account i.e. selling units for this to update on the withdrawal side.

Hopefully in a few days the system will have updated and allow you to request your withdrawal.

If anyone is interested, keep logging in & checking your account - I've just logged in & been able to get to the next step of my drawdown request- an illustration will be emailed to me within 1 working day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport