PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Cherry_Burton
    Options
    Hi all,

£120 for me and £30 in case anyone comes to stay. I treated myself to some nice sea food today so I have spent £5.88 so far in February.

CB
    1/10/2015 Debt Free
    1/1/2018 Mortgage Free
    Now saving for early retirement
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    Spent quite a bit for me on non needed items. i would normally go home for lunch but with weather been eating at work - £4.79 spent including
    2 canteen meals
    work do bags of alcohol for £1 so got 3 bags (15 cans )
    border biscuits on offer at 1 and i had a 50p off coupon. really good deals but not essential. must stay strong and take a packed lunch sat/sun!!
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

That's 2 nsds from two days, thanks to the weather!

Although I'd already done my March meal plan, I'm going to look at it again to try and use up more stockpile items rather than buying more. Also, although I've said £100 for my target for March, I'm going to try and only spend £73 (don't change on page one please Elsie!). This equates to £1pppd. The children spend some nights at their dad's, which makes the calculation tricky. I've just taken the whole £1 away for each night each child stays there.

Today's meals were lush - bacon, eggs and tinned toms for brunch and a bolognese jacket for dinner.

I'll have the same for brunch tomorrow, to use up the half pack/tins, then I'm not sure about the other meal(s).

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    Coming in with the monthly top-up shop - £64.63 - but that includes a freezer re-stock and a few months of nuts and grains etc.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NSD for us today, yay.

OH had tomato soup and one of the giraffe rolls he bought yesterday for dinner.
    I am having tofu vegetable curry. This used up tofu I had in the fridge, the rest of the mushrooms bought yesterday, the two sweet potatoes I had, some fresh garlic, carrots I've had for a while now and some of the onions bought yesterday. From stores tinned tomatoes, lentils, half a tin of beans and spices. Two or three portions cooling down to put in the fridge.

Me - £2.41/£77.50. £75.09 left.
    OH - £8.87/£77.50. £68.63 left.
    Total - £11.28/£155. £143.72 left
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • klbooth
    klbooth Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Started March with a bang and a shop at costco to stock up on a few things, hopefully downhill from here for the rest of the month! Continuing on with slowly reducing my monthly budget so March will be £410.

£94.94/£410
  • Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £9.73 at Tesco yesterday, making it £190.27.
  • lemonverbena
    Options
    Yesterday I spent another £3.14 on veg at the indoor market now I've done meal planning for the week (including a bag of potatoes that should do me the rest of the month), and £9.50 - a £5.00 voucher = £4.50 on toiletries at Bodyshop.
    That makes £10.56 on food + £4.50 on toiletries = £15.06 total so far for March.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ooh I nearly forgot

May I have £250 for March please :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join in again please, I do much better when I am having to be accountable for every spend. I normally work from 20th – 20th as that’s my “payday” but this year I thought I would try and work the “cash only” system and use a different purse for the household spends.

I will try for £60.00 for the month, there’s only me so that will include household as well as food.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure