PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Had my first spend of the month today, stocking up the cupboards, fridge and fruit bowl spent £77.32 in Aldi, managed to get most of what I wanted, although they didn't have any milk (due to weather and deliveries running behind) and I also missed a couple of other items so will have to get them over the weekend if the weather brightens up. I'll probably get hubby to get milk and toilet roll tomorrow on his way home from work then I don't have to go far at all.
    Hoping things have improved by Monday as I really want to get my meal plan sorted early in the month by bulk buying my meat, although I do have a lot left from Feb, so there isn't as much of a rush.

I'm looking for a couple of sw friendly main meals for later in the month if anyone has got any favourites to share.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OH went shopping for us.
    Me - mushrooms, tomato, onions and cucumber.
    OH - chicken and bacon tortellini, butter, giraffe rolls, 2 Ben and Jerry ice cream (one phish food and one cookie dough).

Me - £2.41/£77.50. £75.09 left.
    OH - £8.87/£77.50. £68.63 left.
    Total - £11.28/£155. £143.72 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • TheOhGodOfHangovers
    Options
    Unintended NSD today due to being snowed in (I suppose that’s the upside!). It’s absolutely wild here and village is cut off by road and wind almost lifted me off my feet when I went out on foot to check on MIL. (And believe me I take some lifting! :D)

Hope everyone is keeping safe and warm.
    LBM 23/09/13 - DFD 08/10/17 :T
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

First day of the month and it's a nsd. Can't imagine why!! Work was closed early, so I've been chilling at home - no way I want to go out in this... I did make my oh go out though, as I had a leak coming through my kitchen ceiling so he came over to fix it. Bless him!

GC-wise, I've just been nibbling today. Been quite sad as it's dd's 13th birthday today but she's at her dad's. I only saw her for an hour this morning, and won't see her until Sunday. So, had random stuff for 'dinner', no cooking, but stuff from fridge, crisps, chocolate etc. I'll make an effort to cook tomorrow.

Off to finish the March meal plan. Not too much to get for the meal plan so far, as there's so much here needing using.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 March 2018 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Being snowed in should have made it a NSD... Err..:oNope!
    Discovered Ocado, spent ages moseying around the site, comparing discounts and offerers.. Filled up basket to the tune of £63 ish and once I'd tinkered about adding and removing items I checked out using a code found on the front page..
    Gained free delivery and 30% off.. Reducing shop to £47..ish
    So so pleased as got some great offers:T
    It's being delivered Thursday (I'm optimistic that the not so pleasant white stuff will have pushed off by then!)
    Some time well spent me thinks :)
    Will add to total when I know final amount!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    First March shop today £26 but did include Easter Eggs as they were on SO. Total for March so far £26/£150
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 March 2018 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Can I join for £120 please? Not including bits and pieces that DP picks up.
    Have already spent £13 so down to £107 left.
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Bought lunch yesterday because the sandwich being delivered to me sounded better than me going to the shops.

Walked to A$da today, which means that my shopping reached a whopping £39.56... they don't have a lot of the own brand stuff I'd normally buy, because they're smaller, so I had to go branded and do a few inventive swaps. And I had to do a full shop, because by the time the Beast From The East has huffed and puffed its way out of here, I'll be in the middle of a long stint with no day off.

(Beast From The East is currently trying to blow my house down, but thankfully it's made of brick... the ventilation fan in the bathroom has got an accidental good clean though because it's blowing right into it.)

Currently on £42.16/£100 :eek:
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can i join in please for March £242.85 .Thank you
  • kkffoo
    kkffoo Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent 5p short of £50 this week.
    Hubby was planning to take a cake to his parents' house, visit was cancelled due to weather, so I added it to our grocery budget and we ate it :)
    Target £80 per week groceries, household and cleaning for four adults.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure