48 replies 20.5K views
1235»

Replies

• NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a pretty good guide to the appeal process

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/nireland/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/personal-independence-payment-ni/pip-appeals-ni/how-to-appeal-a-pip-decision-ni/

You can opt for a paper assessment but there is a less chance of success than face to face. Be aware of the time limits

Is it worth getting help from CAB or the like?
  • CherrysconeCherryscone Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    CEON44 wrote: »
    Ok, so my wife got confirmation letter to say that her request for reconsideration has been unsuccessful. As my previous posts she had been awarded 11 points for standard rate care and 4 points for mobility. I was hoping she could at least squeeze the extra 1 point to get the higher rate of daily care but no luck. Her request was conducted over the phone and seemed to be a tick box sort of thing. So where does she go from here? As I said previously there is no way she can do a face to face based on her current situation, so if that is mandatory in an appeal then she stops right here. Any help appreciated and step by step instructions as to how to continue as I've never done this sort of thing before. So annoying that my wife is fighting for something like this after working nearly 40 years with just 4 days off work! Yes just 4 days in 40 years, then gets hit out of the blue with a problem and then has to go begging to the government.

Its Shocking really but do bear In mind that she could lose what she has been awarded how long was her award for?
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
  • CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    444 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Its Shocking really but do bear In mind that she could lose what she has been awarded how long was her award for?

Her award is for 3 years. I dont think I will appeal. She just couldnt do a face to face.
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    They do all reviews up to a year before the Award Ends
    I would maybe put In for appeal they may reconsider before the Appeal goes ahead but If you feel That It would be too stressful maybe not Good Luck In whatever you decide.
  • CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    444 Posts
    ✭✭
    They do all reviews up to a year before the Award Ends
    I would maybe put In for appeal they may reconsider before the Appeal goes ahead but If you feel That It would be too stressful maybe not Good Luck In whatever you decide.

If my wife goes ahead with the appeal can she withdraw without recourse before the hearing would take place. @m trying to see if I can get her in a position where she could do face to face but its unlikely. But I dont want to run risk of losing what shes got
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    CEON44 wrote: »
    If my wife goes ahead with the appeal can she withdraw without recourse before the hearing would take place. @m trying to see if I can get her in a position where she could do face to face but its unlikely. But I dont want to run risk of losing what shes got

Yes she can
  • CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    444 Posts
    ✭✭
    Well, I have an update on my wifes appeal. I decided to appeal, even though I knew she couldnt face up to going to a hearing. There was an option where the appeal could be heard without her attendance. I thought she would have no chance based on the fact that she wasnt attending but today got a letter to say her appeal was successful. Her daily living points went from 11 to 17, giving her enhanced rate, and her mobility went from 4 points to 10. All in all very grateful and surprised justice has been done. The award is also on an open basis.
  • kah22kah22 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations 👍
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides