PIP in Northern Ireland

Comments

• Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CEON44 wrote: »
    My wife was previously getting DLA. High rate in care and low middle in mobility I think. I filled in PIP forms and got reply this week that she now will get standard rate in care with 11 points and nothing in mobility with just 4 points. I telephoned and asked to be reassessed, hoping at least for a boost to 12 points to get " enhanced " in care category. Couple of questions, if she does get enhanced what does this mean, what will she get. Also do I still get carers allowance if her reassessment fails and she just gets standard rate

You can still Claim Carers with Standard Care If she wasn't getting High Mobility before I would think that's why the 4 points If you Feel she should be getting Enhanced Mobility do a MR In writing stating why you feel she should be getting It If you feel she Needs High In care then again say In your Letter why she needs It be Mindful If you got to Appeal she could lose the standard Care as they look at the whole award .
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can still Claim Carers with Standard Care If she wasn't getting High Mobility before I would think that's why the 4 points If you Feel she should be getting Enhanced Mobility do a MR In writing stating why you feel she should be getting It If you feel she Needs High In care then again say In your Letter why she needs It be Mindful If you got to Appeal she could lose the standard Care as they look at the whole award .

A partner can claim CA when the claimant is claiming ZERO mobility - as in my case - just middle care component DLA..
  • Cherryscone
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    A partner can claim CA when the claimant is claiming ZERO mobility - as in my case - just middle care component DLA..

The Op was Getting Low Mobility before and High Care But on DLA
    Now on their PIP award, they are getting Standard care and no mobility
    Their Question was can they still Claim Carers ...YES on the standard care you can
    Hopefully, If they do a Mr they get the extra point needed for Enhanced Care .

In my view, DLA was an unfair System and PIP Is not much better People who should be awarded are not and there still are the ones taking the P .
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The Op was Getting Low Mobility before and High Care But on DLA
    Now on their PIP award, they are getting Standard care and no mobility
    Their Question was can they still Claim Carers ...YES on the standard care you can
    Hopefully, If they do a Mr they get the extra point needed for Enhanced Care .

In my view, DLA was an unfair System and PIP Is not much better People who should be awarded are not and there still are the ones taking the P .

I have just asked for reconsideration over the telephone. The guy asked me a few tick box questions and said they will get back to me. I'm just hoping to pull the missing 1 point out of somewhere to get the enhanced rate. If I get that for my wife then I wont pursue further.
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • Cherryscone
    CEON44 wrote: »
    I have just asked for reconsideration over the telephone. The guy asked me a few tick box questions and said they will get back to me. I'm just hoping to pull the missing 1 point out of somewhere to get the enhanced rate. If I get that for my wife then I wont pursue further.

Always best to follow up with a letter with any other Information you have and what you felt was wrong with the Original decision Good Luck
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Remember that in all possibility you will NOT get that extra point, that seems the norm across the water. APEAL !!

Why do I say apeal? Well going by what’s happened across the water 69 percent of those who go to apeal, win their case or have their points adjusted. Seemly it is most unlikely that the apeal panel will reduce the award. But however slim you have to take that into consideration

Again from across the water it’s not uncommon for the DWP to phone and make you an offer

Remember also that at any point up until you go through the door you can back away and still maintain the original award. It’s also worth remembering that your money goes on while waiting for the apeal to happen. If you get an increased award think of the back money !!!128523;

Kevin
  • CEON44
    kah22 wrote: »
    Remember that in all possibility you will NOT get that extra point, that seems the norm across the water. APEAL !!

Why do I say apeal? Well going by what’s happened across the water 69 percent of those who go to apeal, win their case or have their points adjusted. Seemly it is most unlikely that the apeal panel will reduce the award. But however slim you have to take that into consideration

Again from across the water it’s not uncommon for the DWP to phone and make you an offer

Remember also that at any point up until you go through the door you can back away and still maintain the original award. It’s also worth remembering that your money goes on while waiting for the apeal to happen. If you get an increased award think of the back money !!!128523;

Kevin

Reason my wife wont appeal is a lot of her problems are mental health and there is no way she could do a face to face tribunal. What I find strange is she will only get 57.30 on standard rate whilst as her carer I will get over £ 62
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Just thought I’d share some good news.

My girlfriend with bipolar was awarded standard rate care and nil mobility. We entered a MR, and addressed every comment the DM made point by point. We drew attention to what we felt were inaccuracies and faults in the report. I don’t think we could have done this without the information we received from other websites and in the SAR we requested

The DfC have now awarded her high rate care and standard mobility on a MR.

The only bit I find hard to understand is that the award has been reduced from 2 maybe 3 years to six months which looks strange. The message was given over the telephone to the GF, I’ll wait to see the written offer just to make sure. We will accept

Kevin
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 May 2018 at 10:03AM
    The only bit I find hard to understand is that the award has been reduced from 2 maybe 3 years to six months which looks strange

It appears that the only circumstances that DWP will set a "lifetime" award for someone on Enhanced care and Enhanced mobility - which, in truth would be an absolute maximum of 10 years - and even then - can reassess you whenever they see fit !!
    I have been on DLA lifetime award for 14 years
  • CEON44

Kevin

Ok, so my wife got confirmation letter to say that her request for reconsideration has been unsuccessful. As my previous posts she had been awarded 11 points for standard rate care and 4 points for mobility. I was hoping she could at least squeeze the extra 1 point to get the higher rate on daily care but no luck. Her request was conducted over the phone and seemed to be a tick box sort of thing. So where does she go from here. As I said previously there is no way she can do a face to face based on her current situation, so if that is mandatory in an appeal then she stops right here. Any help appreciated and step by step instructions as to how to continue as Ive never done this sort of thing before. So annoying that my wife is fighting for something like this after working nearly 40 years with just 4 days off work! Yes just 4 days in 40 years, then gets hit out of the blue with a problem and then has to go begging to government.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport