What small mse things will you do this week? 12/02

Options
14567810»

Comments

• One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Hi all!

Happy Kitties - Phew, what a relief about the ring! So glad you found it!

More bits from me this week:
    - Researched utilities switch, looking at £400/year cheaper and £40 cashback. Switching before the end of the month (closer to payday = less chance of being ambushed by new direct debit).
    - Faced my irrational fear of looking at the gas account (I had somehow convinced myself we'd only had estimated readings this year, but they were actuals and we're 76p in credit).
    - Made £120 from popping pics of a few things I was planning to ebay on Facebook - all bought by friends so didn't need to get as far as ebay!
    - Free choccy bar from Shopmium signup.
    - Found 10p on the way to Sainsbury's and only spent £2 on the things I went there for.
    - Threw the £50 that has already been paid from the £120 above straight at my MBNA card, that's £86.20 over the minimum so far this month.
    - Updated all spreadsheets and totals.

OK, that's quite a big MSE week looking at it properly now :)

Still to do today: plug in and test that the Wii and guitar hero still work before listing them.
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Just saw your sig one-step-at-a-time. Nice one on last year's stats :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Thank you! It's on the verge of being nullified by a horrible hit I have to take next month, but that's just making me more determined to shift it. Aiming for 10k this year. Painful but hopefully doable with non-stop hustle :)
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Thank you! It's on the verge of being nullified by a horrible hit I have to take next month, but that's just making me more determined to shift it. Aiming for 10k this year. Painful but hopefully doable with non-stop hustle :)

Me and my oh paid off £16k in 1 year. We'd battled with debt, paying it off, rebuilding it and then on NY's day 2010 we said that was it. We lived like monks, sold everything that wasn't essential or part of the fixtures and fittings. Keep going you'll get there :D

whoop just finished my PPI claims. Last week I was with an old friend and she has gone through a PPI company. I looked into it and they had a list of all the cards, store cards, catalogues etc and there were loads on there that I had around 2000-2010 that I totally hadn't thought about or just thought I was out of time. Well she was doing balance transfers around that time too and said I should do it.

I called the company but then this week thought I'd check out the info on here. It has taken me a max 45 mins to log 8 complaints. Still have a couple more store cards. Also going to do it for oh :money:

ha ha on slightly less lucrative smalls submitted a £1.65 receipt for free crisps bought about a month ago ;) it all adds up! :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

I've been reasonably good today and all meals were from stores however I did pop out for late night chocolate and crisps.

I am in denial at the moment about how much I have or don't have in the bank. I know my wages cover all the household bills and food has to come from profit from my sideline but that's about it.

I'm plucking up the courage to go and check, I have been making disbursement so from Amazon every few days so it might be a nice surprise (but probably won't be.)

Today was spent trying to get on top of the washing while it was light (still no lights in the kitchen) and then I sorted stock and did a bit of a tidy up of my desk area. Tidy desk = tidy mind.

I've had a look around for other part time jobs but am going to stick with the one I have for the time being because a lot of the others only pay minimum wage and I am in a routine where I am so I will just have to put up with all the shenanigans from the toothless, menopausal old crones :D
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 February 2018 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Hi February Fabulistas,

It's a day off at the Dowds. :j

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Sent a condolences card using a stamp we've had kicking around the house for ages.

* Dropped car off at the garage for bonnet catch repair. _pale_

* Go to library. Use free Wifi and exchange books.

* We bought a small electic heater a month ago. The plug gets hot when it's used. Took it back. Thank Smurf I keep receipts. Came away with a different model which has a slightly lower wattage.

* Bought YS bread. Froze some in wee batches for another day.

* Went to settle DW's dental bill. It was twice what we were quoted. Receptionist was having trouble finding the prices online. I don't trust her Maths so I'm going back in another day when another receptionist is in to check.

* Bought ferry tickets for tomorrow so I can do all my Financial calculations today.

* Went to buy puff pastry as I believe it's cheaper to buy ready made than use half a tonne of butter making it. Bought some that was YS'd.

* Checked what rates by emergency credit cards are at.

* Cover dried-up car air freshener in perfume to get more life out of it.

* Check Loyalty Points.

* LiveChatted mobile phone provider to find out why they've taken the wrong amount this month. They'll take less next month.

* Call a card company who's PIN I have forgotten.

* LiveChatted Broadband people as I was confused about that bill too. Going to be less than I thought.

* Homemade soup for lunch.

* Backed up Finances spreadsheet.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 February 2018 at 4:19PM
    Options
    Just given myself a good shake and sorted out my Finances spreadsheet.

When we moved in the Autumn (in a massive rushed, hurry) I wrote down approximate numbers for all my bills and I've been working off these rounded-up numbers ever since.

I was starting to feel anxious about the lack of precision. :(

It's just taken me an hour but now I'm back to knowing where every exact penny goes. :)

I know all the rates/loyalty perks for my emergency credit cards too and have got all my logins sorted. Earlier I went into the dentist to settle a bill and the PIN didn't work which was a bit embarrassing. I've got that sorted now too.

Also sorted out our mini-filing cabinet which was bursting with surplus paperwork.

Just hope that I can collect the repaired car later as planned. :oNope, sigh. They ordered the wrong part.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure