Training costs

Options
124»

Comments

• charlie_2015
    Options
    So it didnt occur to you this isnt actually about me? Either way my other thread is irrelevant to the questions I asked.

Do us a favour mate...
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will bite one last time and then I wont be using these forums again. More hassle than its worth!

Nicechap asked if its fair the company invest 5k in training. Previous to his comment I said I am willing to pay the 5k back albeit not all at once. If the company get their money back then I dont see how fair comes into it. Therefore, it is possible to assume "nicechap" implied i wouldnt be paying it back, or he didn't read my previous post.

Quite common to see the full time poster gang having eachother backs.

Quoted, just in case it gets changed and to illustrate earlier points.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • charlie_2015
    Options
    I think all that illustrates is how petty you are :D
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    nicechap wrote: »
    In the opening post, they said Betty wanted to be a full time mum but then it transpired the OP asked the same question for themself a year ago.

A week ago, the OP said they'd been offered a new job and were fretting about flexible hours.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5788145

Maybe their new employer will give them a signing on bonus/ golden handcuffs as they are obviously a real catch.

Regardless of whether the OP is asking for a friend or themselves, I’d still bet that the employer’s thought process was as I described it.

However regardless of why the friend/OP has decided not to return the fact remains an agreement was signed & I doubt very much whether it can be repaid in installments
  • charlie_2015
    Options
    Thanks gettingtheresometime. I think you have answered my questions quite clearly. I just want to make it crystal clear that I am more than willing to pay the employer back for training costs without question, its just I cannot afford it all at once. I am sure we can come to an arrangement amicably.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it were me I would ask the college whether the employer will be charged for the three years or just the first year or even termly, and how much it will be. I also think, although it’s a mere guess, that the employer will take installments as they will know that doing otherwise is rather like a blood out of a stone situation.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Regardless of whether the OP is asking for a friend or themselves, I’d still bet that the employer’s thought process was as I described it.

However regardless of why the friend/OP has decided not to return the fact remains an agreement was signed & I doubt very much whether it can be repaid in installments

I suspect you'd win that bet too!! And it looks like they were right to get an agreement signed. Its not surprising employers are reluctant to sponsor study with the kind of behaviour demonstrated here.

I'm sure there are ways to challenge the contents of the agreement, but the obstinate refusal to share the actual contents, as opposed to selective snippets, reinforces my suspicion that they are a victim of their own behaviour. I suspect the employer will be better off without them in the long run, just a shame for anyone else who works there and would have liked support to study for a qualification.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    And therein was your big mistake. Asking a question on MSE can be like being cross examined in court or complaining to an HR manager - you suddenly realise these people are not here to help you.

A shame that sangie can no longer post here? I don't think so - she may know employment law but she's invariably rude and patronising. I can only hope she's nicer to people who pay her for advice.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh and don't bother asking "mods" to do anything. These threads are not actively moderated, which is why there's so much bad behaviour on them.
  • charlie_2015
    Options
    Agree themeone.

That nicechap fella is still going on too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure