Options

Comments

• jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

As eagle-eyed regular forum members have noticed already, we're asking you all to update your passwords. You should be doing this regularly for your own peace of mind.

Some hadn't been updated for some time and we want to make sure you change them regularly.

Thanks for your patience. Have a great weekend.

Andrea

No, you forced us.
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I’m sorry for the delay replying.

This isn’t the first time we’ve sent a prompt out in this or other ways. MSE’s priority is to ensure your security so we’ve prompted everyone to change them.

We realise it might be frustrating but your security comes first.

But as forum posters don't tend to divulge personal information (other than what could be found by other means) on here, what is the danger?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So many questions, all remaining unanswered by MSE towers.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    compulsory password change, whatever next?
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

This isn’t the first time we’ve sent a prompt out in this or other ways. MSE’s priority is to ensure your security so we’ve prompted everyone to change them.

my goodness you'd make a good politician! You have replied but completely avoided the question you were asked.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Does it matter? It's only a forum.

Agreed.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've put nothing on here, that desperately needs to be kept secret.
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    All these people so concerned about security that they haven't changed their password in over 10 years.....

:beer:
    Not even wrong
  • frankennsteiny
    Options
    Hi,

But our security isn't coming first when we are being asked to put a new password in over an unsecure connection leaving us open to hackers.

This is taken from Chrome and is the same for firefox surely a massive site like mse should be a lot more secure.
    rzP3Kj6ct8WH1Ez2S5wV6HCXQVJZg4z0dppd Info or Not secure
    The site isn't using a private connection. Someone might be able to see or change the information you send or get through this site.
    You might see a "Login not secure" or "Payment not secure" message. We suggest that you don't enter sensitive details, like passwords or credit cards.
    On some sites, you can visit a more secure version of the page:

• Select the address bar.
    • Delete http://, and enter https:// instead.
    If that doesn't work, contact the site owner to ask that they secure the site and your data with HTTPS.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One thing I have noticed. Since changing my password, the "Show first unread" button is missing from the search results list.

It's making it hard to find where the threads had got to, the last time you visited. :mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh my goodness I've just spent nearly an hour stressing that I'd never seeing my account again, that will teach me to go 2293 days without a password change!

Please disregard my contact us message tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure