Cataract treatment - can it really be true?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Trying to recall a news item on the radio today - about an incident that happened abroad - but do recall the announcer was calling them "British" and not "English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh or anything else one can think of".

You might like to look a bit further back whilst you're on the subject:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age_tribes_in_Britain

or maybe we'll just think Picts, Saxons, Normans....

or a different direction and call us all Europeans....

Why is it so important to you to deny that Wales is a country? Legally, officially, in every way that matters, it is one. I genuinely don't understand why it bothers you so much?

England is a country too, did you get so het up about that when you lived there?
  • wondercollie
    Options
    The term British is a term that covers the people of England, Wales, Scotland & NI which have been linked together through a number of Acts of Parliament - Wales & England in 1536 (though I guess some people would argue 1284), Scotland joined E&W in 1707 with NI joining in in 1800.

Take away those man made Acts and you have English, Welsh, Scotish & Northern Irish people.

Erm, a Scottish king inherited the English crown. It could be argued that England and Wales joined Scotland under the Act of Union 1706.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ironically since this post was created I've been referred for cataract surgery myself. First assessment for surgery with the surgeon 7 days after diagnosis and, if suitable, the surgery to take place within the next fortnight!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    hunters wrote: »
    Annual appt this week with optician so must ask the times between first and second eye as I read in another thread the OP is now saying the optician says it!!!8217;s four to six weeks from first eye to second. Maybe I should just ask a friend of a friend who asked their optician?

I think you'd be best asking your dentist or chiropodist TBH :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business