Burnt clutch - hire vehicle

Options

Comments

• palasmy
    palasmy Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Can I approach the Citizen advice bureau for some legal advice on this subject or should I seek from a professional solicitor.

I'm attaching the images of the clutch again so that more people can offer their advice on the technical aspect of this..

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/723816/2018-02-01-PHOTO-00000102.jpg

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/723817/2018-02-01-PHOTO-00000103.jpg

Thanks
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You dont initiate legal action, they do. Send a letter stating your final position and see what they do next
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 7:50AM
    Options
    Green Motion seem to be a rental company to avoid, there's so many other complaints about.

https://green-motion.!!!!edconsumer.com/we-had-to-buy-a-new-clutch-and-pay-for-a-hire-car-while-it-was-done-20161114954517.html

Change the 4 exclamation marks for the swear word that rhyme's with hiss.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    You dont initiate legal action, they do. Send a letter stating your final position and see what they do next

If OP's bank/card provider don't refund the windscreen charge then OP could initiate legal action for the return of that money. :)
  • palasmy
    Options
    Zandoni wrote: »
    Green Motion seem to be a rental company to avoid, there's so many other complaints about.

https://green-motion.!!!!edconsumer.com/we-had-to-buy-a-new-clutch-and-pay-for-a-hire-car-while-it-was-done-20161114954517.html

Change the 4 exclamation marks for the swear word that rhyme's with hiss.

Thanks Zandoni..

That clearly shows greenmotion has a history and reputation for such things...

Explains why the staff are so ignorant and arrogant, no matter what I have decided to take this through the legal process.
    They have given me 28 days to pay, will wait until the last one week before I declare my stand to them.
  • palasmy
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    If OP's bank/card provider don't refund the windscreen charge then OP could initiate legal action for the return of that money. :)

I'm following this up separately but have to admit not getting a prompt reply from the person looking into it.

Will keep trying though... if not as you suggest may consider seeking some legal advice.
  • palasmy
    Options
    Hello All

Since the deadline to pay the clutch cost is nearing, had a chat with CAB and they have adivsed me to prepare my side of evidence and related documents to prepare for a legal route if further negotiations with GM continue to fail.

Tarambor and esmerobbo, your comments are more technical, please can you help me with a detailed technical description based on those pictures, that I can use to strengthen my case against them. At the moment I'm with very little choice as the vehicle in question is already out and about, plus the rental company has literally become deaf for all my requests.

Any other comments / advise are much appreciated and will be greatly received.

Thanks
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what are you doing... seeing if they take you to court or taking them to court for the windscreen?
  • palasmy
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »

Thanks Sevenhills, wished I had read this before :(

I have decided to take this through the legal route, was initially little doubtful but after reading all this it just feels they are really one of the worst kind and this has given me some confidence.

I'm not denying if this was genuinely my fault but they neither proved it or gave me a chance to satisfy myself with an independent engineer. This is why I feel so suspicious...

Just need some more advice and help with taking this forward. Especially some independent technical advice based on those pictures would be brilliant to support my case and bring shame to GM..

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport