Delay compensation on flight originating in Spain

My flight was from Gatwick to Panama City via Madrid. It was the second leg from Madrid which was delayed, but all the UK claims companies I've contacted* are unable to deal with flights such as mine, which didn't take off or land in the UK.
The company I found in Spain which was representing me, has gone bust, so I need to find someone else. Before they ceased to exist, they had applied for a court data as Iberia refused on several occasions, to pay.

Does anyone know of other companies who will take cases to Spanish court?

*I went through the whole process myself initially and got a judgement from AESA in my favour after Iberia initially refused to pay. When they continued to refuse, I approached the claims company (gate 28).

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Does that include Bott&Co and EuClaim.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You should be able to use the ESCP process a la Ryanair claims.
    Was the whole journey through Iberia airlines? If so, maybe the recent CoA against Emirates (Gahan case) may assist you?
    If Iberia have a UK presence in the UK, I would have thought you could exercise any ESCP result in the UK to gain payment.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • sclare
    sclare Posts: 64
    Forumite
    Does that include Bott&Co and EuClaim.

Yes, I tried both of those. It was Bott&Co that told me I needed to use Gate28, back then. And I tried EuClaim today, who confirmed that Gate 28 no longer existed, and they were unable to help me themselves.

I find it odd that there's little if any publicity about this problem. Even though both flights were covered by the same booking ref which originated in the UK, I'm not covered by claim companies here.

I can't be the only one having this issue with an EU flight sector that didn't originate or end at a UK airport.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Forumite
    It sounds like ESCP is your only route then. Have a good read of the excellent notes by the good DR Watson on the Ryanair thread.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • sclare
    sclare Posts: 64
    Forumite
    edited 5 February 2018 at 8:11PM
    Sor
    JPears wrote: »
    You should be able to use the ESCP process a la Ryanair claims.
    Was the whole journey through Iberia airlines? If so, maybe the recent CoA against Emirates (Gahan case) may assist you?
    If Iberia have a UK presence in the UK, I would have thought you could exercise any ESCP result in the UK to gain payment.
    Thank you. Could you point me to the information about the ESCP process please?

ETA - sorry - we cross posted. Thank you for the directions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure