Car drove into me, now claiming I rolled back

Options
124»

Comments

• Miss_S_2
    Miss_S_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses. I had no idea this kind of happened so often. Well, it's all getting a bit confusing! I've spoken to the company handling my repairs. They are not aware of this letter claiming the car rolled back and have said that the third parties insurance had accepted liability for the repairs and there should be no problem. They spoke to my insurance company while they were on the phone to me and this was all confirmed. So then I spoke to someone from my insurance company trying to suss out where the roll back claim fits in. They said: "this is weird!" There is a statement from the third party that matches mine, that they drove into me at the roundabout etc ... and a second statement claiming that I reversed into them causing damage to their vehicle and personal injury. So I'm not sure if they have changed their statement or why there are two conflicting statements, are they making a separate claim etc. The contact I spoke to this morning at my insurance co was going to get in touch with the claims handler who sent me the letter about the roll back as he couldn't understand it either and I have been unable to get hold of the claims handler to discuss it all and only receive limited responses to my emails.
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Miss_S wrote: »
    .... So then I spoke to someone from my insurance company trying to suss out where the roll back claim fits in. They said: "this is weird!" There is a statement from the third party that matches mine, that they drove into me at the roundabout etc ... and a second statement claiming that I reversed into them causing damage to their vehicle and personal injury....

Did President Trump rear end you? Sounds just like one of his claims; say something one day and then completely contradict it the next.
  • matrix11001
    Options
    You've got to almost laugh at this if it wasn't so serious. I doubt there will be many insurance companies who would believe someone deliberately rolled back to cause a crash with a previous impeccable record. I wouldn't worry so much. I would recommend getting a dash cam if you don't have one for future safety!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure