Delayed

Hi
I was on a flight that took off on time, a passenger was ill on take-off, we circled for a bit then returned to departure aerodrome.
The passenger was taken off the flight after a while and there was a delay finding his bags.

A replacement crew was found but we were then further delayed by the ‘despatcher’ they said having gone off duty.

Overall by time we took off again and arrived at destination we were 3.5 hours late.

Is this underthe compensation clause?

I think not, as not airline fault but another in my group insists it is.

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A medical emergency is most likely an EC is beyond airlines control, especially as only just over 3 hours. If you had Ben delayed by say 10 hours andost of this was due to crew hours is not the medical emergency, you might have had a case.
    Assuming there was actually a medical emergency. Airlines are not above being untruthful....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • emmb
    emmb Posts: 71 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2018 at 7:46PM
    Passenger near me was taken off the plane. The return was precautionary for benefit of passenger but wherher they declared a !Medical Emergency!!!8217; for speed I don!!!8217;t know, could be found out but, I suspect, irrelevant. Th crew were replaced. We were held up by despatcher
  • emmb
    emmb Posts: 71 Forumite
    Please excuse the !18217 in above text ...they are spurious, not typed in by me and even deleting them does not work. Have been having issues with my keyboard but that!!!8217;s a new one on me. Weird.
  • NCC-1707
    NCC-1707 Posts: 348
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    emmb wrote: »
    Please excuse the !18217 in above text ...they are spurious, not typed in by me and even deleting them does not work. Have been having issues with my keyboard but that!!!8217;s a new one on me. Weird.
    It's a known issue with the apostrophe character with certain devices...avoid using the apostrophe until MSE techies fix it sometime in 2020...but only if it's considered a priority!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure