MSE News: 100,000s owed Power of Attorney refund

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
22 replies 8.5K views

Replies

• spiritspirit Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I too have had a text and email to say the refund will be with me in 10 days.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • AlikayAlikay Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to scan death cert and will, as the person I had POA for has died. Unfortunately there must be a lot in this position as the mailbox is full so my email bounced back!
  • £180.92 refund approved, Thanks MSE.
    :grouphug: Threewheeler
  • savetilibleedsavetilibleed Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    spirit wrote: »
    I too have had a text and email to say the refund will be with me in 10 days.
    I've had a text and email too, but it is only for one of the 2 PoAs refunds. The online application form allows a reference number from only one to be entered stating they can pick up others from that. I tried phoning twice today. They are clearly overwhelmed. Frustratingly I started at caller 18 then I waited and counted down to 1 it decided I needed to call another time and cut me off. This happened twice. I called another option. I was advised to use the email address stated. I did that and it was bounced saying their mailbox is full!
    I applied as soon as I heard about it (on MSE) on 2 Feb.
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The refund went into my bank account today. Only 16 working days altogether - very impressed!
  • savetilibleedsavetilibleed Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    badmemory wrote: »
    The refund went into my bank account today. Only 16 working days altogether - very impressed!
    Me too except only one. I resent the email that bounced. Still awaiting a reply re the second PoA.
  • P2TKLP2TKL Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Alikay wrote: »
    I had to scan death cert and will, as the person I had POA for has died. Unfortunately there must be a lot in this position as the mailbox is full so my email bounced back!
    I am in the same position but as my scanner wasn't working I had to post the death certificate and probate certificate. I posted it on 13th Feb but haven't heard anything since. Which email address did you use please ?
  • ahjdahjd Forumite
    2 Posts
    Second Anniversary
    My advice is to check what you are owed. They say that one claim is all that is needed to search for all criteria, but it did not happen with me.

Both my husband and I did poa for health and finance at the same time, the only way I knew my refund was wrong was that he got back twice as much as I did - after chasing them, via phone and email, they have now agreed that they only paid me for one document, so if in doubt, check!
  • I applied for refund for a POA in May. Processed this week nd told the details on the form didn't match. I phoned and they checked the details and said it was fine they would now process it. ! day later they rejected at again!
    The POA was registered on 29/4/2013 but the actual application was received in March 2013. So although not processed and registered until within the period they refuse to refund.
  • TennisFanTennisFan Forumite
    39 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Many thanks for drawing these refunds to our attention ... applied a few weeks ago ...just received confirmation that hubby and I are due £91.26. Very Happy ! :beer: