Options
13»

Comments

• dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 9:58AM
    Options
    Hi thank you for that

I am trying to rush them to get this sorted, my daughter comes home from uni at end of June and I don't want her water usage to affect this lol

I have called them and managed to get them to stop the D/D for the min

Am I within my rights to turn off the Mains water stop !!!! or am I breaking any law by turning it off? I only ask as if the HMO next to me has no water at times their landlord will call YW as well and might speed up the process

Thanks

Edit

YW called back they are going to go back and work out the avg for 2 people and rebate

then when new meter fitted they will take an avg and see if we are lower/higher then their 2 people rate and then either refund or bill the difference

So basically I need to get them to do the meter asap and then use as little as possible lol
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's always a good idea to read your meter yourself on a regular basis - I do mine once a month and several years ago it jumped to about 10 times it's usual reading indicating that something was wrong.

A simple investigation established that there was a leak in the underground pipe which we had fixed (under the house insurance) and we were credited with the lost water (about £100)

Had it not been discovered we would have had the drive collapse and the foundations undermined.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 5:32PM
    Options
    I am unable to read it as I have mobility issues, but I did query the readings they had each and every time, there is no leak simply supplying a large number of adults in a house next to us

so 2 of us and 6 of them currently

anyway YW are on with it now so fingers crossed

Edit:

Morrison Utilities out tomorrow to see if they can move the meter if not I may need to revert to Rateable Value payments as I had before 2012, does anyone know how to work that out have done some digging but cant really make sense of it

so say

you had a the following charges

Water 145.88p per £ RV
    Sewage 169.15p per £ RV

standing charges - £102.07

any idea how to work it out?

thanks
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport