My journey to a debt free life

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
5.8K replies 302.7K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots and lots of progress today, then! You deserve a bit of time off.
    Yes lots done today,Ive just read back over my whole diary and its so nice to be able to see how far Ive come in the last few weeks,I was sooooo scared and upset when I posted that first entry and I literally couldnt stop shaking ,mentally I feel a lot better today just need to sort out the physical now and crack on with making that flaming banana bread,I got more bananas today though so if they ripen really quickly I will have a third for the recipe:rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,136Now Owed = £13,481.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £500.00
    House Fund = £614.00
  • Just wanted to pop in and say hi, Ive recently started my own debt free diary and will subscribe to see how you are doing. Hope you feel better soon!
    PAD 2018 £867 £1k emergency fund chall £368 / £1000. DFD "Making the changes and sticking to it".[STRIKE]O/D £550/£0[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Next [STRIKE]£636[/STRIKE] £0[/STRIKE CC Debt: [STRIKE]£29031[/STRIKE]£27,753 :eek:
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi, Ive recently started my own debt free diary and will subscribe to see how you are doing. Hope you feel better soon!
    Hi and thanks for popping in, I’m now looking at everything to do with money with a very beady money saving eye,I will subscribe to yours too
    House Fund = £614.00
  • edited 10 February 2018 at 4:47PM
    OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 February 2018 at 4:47PM
    Woke up this morning feeling worse than I did yesterday,I got up anyway and tried to eat breakfast but was unsuccessful as it made me feel sick
    The chickens needed cleaning out and feeding so I managed to do that,DDs boyfriend took the dog out for a good long walk this morning so I didnt need to do that then I went back to bed for an hour,I didnt really sleep just closed my eyes and dozed a bit,I just cant stop coughing and the rattling in my chest is really annoying me
    I got a text from my mum to both her and my dad are ill too with the same thing so thats worrying
    DDs boyfriend got into the uni he wanted to go to so they have gone out for lunch with his mum to celebrate,I was invited but declined because I dont feel well enough and I cant really sit in a restaurant coughing constantly,so I am sitting here at home under a blanket in the warm
    I had a banana and golden syrup sandwich for my lunch as that is what I fancied and I still havent made the flaming banana bread,I might just go and do that in a minute and sod the choking episode that will follow,as you can see I am feeling rather sorry for myself today
    One slight positive is that I got a statement from my old Halifax credit card today which actually has a 0 balance but the last payment I made on it was too much and they now owe me £8.34,I havent a clue how to get it back but its quite a novel feeling actually not owing them anything
    House Fund = £614.00
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The banana bread is in the oven :)
    House Fund = £614.00
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit worse today. Hope the banana bread helps, sounds delicious.
    I have heard that if you have a cough or sinus problems of any kind, you should avoid dairy products as it aggravates it. Might be worth trying while you feel so ill. Might help a bit. Also apple juice or pineapple juice is helpful.
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit worse today. Hope the banana bread helps, sounds delicious.
    I have heard that if you have a cough or sinus problems of any kind, you should avoid dairy products as it aggravates it. Might be worth trying while you feel so ill. Might help a bit. Also apple juice or pineapple juice is helpful.
    Ive heard that too apparently dairy increases your mucus production,I only eat minimal amounts of dairy now I have dairy free spread Yogurts and soya milk its only if I have cheese that I end up eating dairy mainly because dairy free cheese is disgusting and expensive , for some strange reason I am addicted to ginger ale at the moment,I had a tummy bug two weeks ago and that was all I could drink and it seems I have formed quite an attachment to it :)
    House Fund = £614.00
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the banana bread! Hope the cold goes soon, eventually everyone will have had it and it will be spring with summer on the way. A bit hard to believe in right now but it will come!
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 51 remaining as of August.
  • Hope you feel better soon, this winter has been awful for colds / flu / virus :(
    PAD 2018 £867 £1k emergency fund chall £368 / £1000. DFD "Making the changes and sticking to it".[STRIKE]O/D £550/£0[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Next [STRIKE]£636[/STRIKE] £0[/STRIKE CC Debt: [STRIKE]£29031[/STRIKE]£27,753 :eek:
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cantwait for spring,this winter has been awful,ive never had so many bugs
    House Fund = £614.00