Advice following flight(s)

Options
Hello,

I am looking for any advice, guidance or previous experience in the matter. Having taken two flights with Virgin Atlantic in Upper Class for a Christmas trip I was far than impressed with the service received for the value paid. To name a few, run out of food, no hot water, raw food served, staff not serving the bar area (ie ability to get a drink and or snack), seat area unclean. I have lodged a complaint having paid best part of £5,000.00 I do not believe the level of service is represented in the price.

I don’t want to sound ungrateful or pathetic but do I have any rights to ask for compensation based on service received. I would expect as an upper class paying passenger not to have uncooked food and unhelpful staff?

Comments

• Greta_Sharbo
    Options
    Was it just the flight or part of a package?
    What have they said so far?
  • Mattwhitt89
    Options
    It was just the flights.

To date they have offered me 25,000 airmiles which I don’t think really covers all the issues experienced. The above is only showing the flight issues. I had issues in the lounge, arrangement of transport and a damaged bag.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So what do you think you should get ? Start by asking for that and then decide how far you want to take it.

If you're a regular pax/have some status with them and it was a bad day they might want to keep you. If it's your only flight and your views are subjective then don't expect too much.

And don't try and lump all the alleged issues together - deal with the bag as per the bag rules

p.s. 'value' for premium classes is always subjective and not comparable between airlines/countries
  • Mattwhitt89
    Options
    Thank you k3lvc.

My initial thoughts are some form of monetary compensation. Response from the airline accepts that the level of service was not up to standard and they should have done better. It is difficult as they state you cant put a value on experience (which I am not disputing). I am arguing if the service is not as described or received then I have not had what I paid for...

I accept I got from A to B but I don’t accept I got a ‘premium’
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    locate price of economy class , then send bill for difference
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • stuartJo1989
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    locate price of economy class , then send bill for difference

Minus the value of the elements of first class which were fine?

You see where this is going? :p
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    No disrespect to either the OP or other posters - but if you can spend £5k on 'plane tickets you may have better access to legal advice than asking random people on this forum.

(As I say no disrespect to the very knowledgeable posters here!)
  • stuartJo1989
    stuartJo1989 Posts: 461 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2018 at 1:09AM
    Options
    No disrespect to either the OP or other posters - but if you can spend £5k on 'plane tickets you may have better access to legal advice than asking random people on this forum.

(As I say no disrespect to the very knowledgeable posters here!)
    True, but it could also be some sort of company perk?

Pretty scary to think that OP is potentially the same age as me though (89) and flying around first class, when my equivalent of "first class" is a Ryanair flight with "fight-to-the-death" (unallocated) seating and the eternal struggle getting hand luggage into a tiny measuring box or paying a £50 surplus!

I feel like I'm first class with speedy boarding :rotfl: Nevermind a bar, hot water, [good] food or clean seats!!

But yea OP, it does depend on the elements of travel which you've missed out on. Aside from that, but are those 25,000 airmiles really not worth it?!
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    True, but it could also be some sort of company perk?

Pretty scary to think that OP is potentially the same age as me though (89) and flying around first class, when my equivalent of "first class" is a Ryanair flight with "fight-to-the-death" (unallocated) seating and the eternal struggle getting hand luggage into a tiny measuring box or paying a £50 surplus!

I feel like I'm first class with speedy boarding :rofl: Nevermind a bar, hot water, [good] food or clean seats!!

I was really really impressed by this - but then realised you were referring to years of birth!

If it's a company perk - take it up with the company...
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    How the other half live. Then complain because the poor soul didn't get enough Champagne, first world problems eh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure