Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Arkers wrote: »
    Good morning everyone,
    17 please Baileys
    Thanks for your comments on my tendency to overdrink and overthink my holiday. Hopefully I'll park my worry bug and relax and enjoy the experience.

Have an enjoyable BH everyone.

Not sure about June Baileys thing I might go TF

That's spooky arkers. I was just about to post the same thing!:D I'm away for most of June and into early July (3 weeks in total). I know my June total will be low so I'm pleased I've got in extras since January.

On your holiday question, I suppose it depends what you want to achieve. I plan to drink what I want on holiday and don't attempt any AF days. That's my choice but (thanks to this lovely thread:A), my drinking days are far more moderate than they used to be. On holiday I don't really look for a drink during the day any more so generally just have water with my meals. If I have anything it's a single glass. When I am drinking in the evening I'm sensible now. Always in control and no embarrassing behaviour. That achieves what I want which is controlled social drinking. What is it you want to achieve?:)

Presumably if you've decided to go on holiday with this group they're fairly close friends or family. I find when I'm out with friends and I refuse a drink they always comment briefly but I have a simple answer ready and that's the end of it. So last week it was (truthfully) that I was going out later and lunchtime drinking makes me sleepy. If the weather's hot (as it will be where I'm going:cool:) then I'll be pushing the hydration needed from water. You don't have to be too detailed unless you want a conversation about cutting down which seems to make some people uncomfortable as they perceive it as criticism.:(

I haven't decided about today as keeping options open.

TF for June please Baileys.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,377 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 24/21 for me today please. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    15/15 - target met for the first time for ages. Really pleased and long may I continue with this. June might be easier in a way as starting very strict diet for 4 weeks and not allowed to drink. The aim is to lose some weight quickly then move on to more sensible eating. Trying to have AF days when eating sensibly works for me as otherwise I often want something to eat.

As Maman says I too want to drink (and eat) with moderation. My OH has virtually stopped drinking which is easier so this weekend when we went out for a meal I had 2 glasses of wine rather than a drink before and half a bottle of wine with the food. Drinking at lunchtime does send me to sleep so I very rarely do that on holiday either.

Good luck Arkers with the holiday. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. Not sure if there are any Canadian soft drinks that are good - I was on holiday recently and found an excellent ginger ale that was good to drink and didn't feel as though I was being deprived. Sometimes AF beers are fine too and can be passed off as being thirsty rather than wanting a drink. Useful if someone else in the party does not drink too much and will choose a soft drink too.

Please can I have the same target for June 15 for June please although I hope and expect to exceed that.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    15/14 for today please Baileys.

Could I please set a target of 14 again for June?
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    29/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Options
    :TWell done on getting to target Maggie. It's always good to see the numbers rolling in at this part of the month.

Not having empty calories is one of my biggest motivators. It probably shouldn't but it helps me more than financial and health (although I suppose it's related) rewards. I do Slimming World. I got to my target weight about 8 years ago and have kept to it ever since. Any healthy eating programme will help lose weight but what I like about SW it gives easy to follow guidelines as to how many treats you should be having. As I don't have a sweet tooth, most of mine involve wine.;)

I didn't have a drink yesterday despite BH. No plans to drink today either.:D

15/10 AFDs please Baileys.
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    13/18 achieved.

The most I am going to hit is 16. I feel a bit disappointed with myself. I think I may not even hit 16 as one of those days is out with OH.

It may seem extreme, but I think I should actually go for 30 next month and not drink at all. Can you put me down for that please, Baileys? Ta.
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £0/250

Decluttering 869/2024 Awards 🥇
    (30/04/24)
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    14/17 for me please, so pleased I've managed a fortnight without a drink!
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Options
    19/24 AFDs today
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    9/10 for me today. Well done Maggie!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors