Cutting Down Alcohol Thread

Options

Comments

• pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am up to 3/16 which is on target.

Having my usual wobbles during the week, but have managed to stick to it during the week by having a cup of tea and putting my girls to bed, then realising I’d be silly to be opening a bottle at 8.30pm or later.

Had a thought when I woke up in the middle of the night. I thought, “I’m glad I didn’t drink last night,” and I was proud of myself.

Never have I said the opposite, i.e. “I’m glad that I did drink,” so I am going to try and remind myself of this saying when I next go to open a bottle of wine.

Am thinking of throwing in another fast on my 5:2 as it stops me drinking and even though I seem to have curbed my weekday drinking, I seem to go overboard at the weekend.

I didn’t think I had drunk that much last weekend till I totted it up. Then last night I started watching a series that I had been watching over the weekend and I couldn’t remember having watched some of the episodes before. Now that’s just awful!

Not going to do a target for the year. I have 200 in my head which would beat 2017’s of 150, but I don’t want to aim too high, so doing it month by month for now.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hey all, I was hugely excited to see the thread 14 make a return, I must admit. What are we going to do? I'm just thinking that we don't want to lose it again, or at least don't want to lose the data - I really like reading over the old threads and don't think I'm alone, and it's lovely to have the record. Could we perhaps migrate back to thread 14, but with Baileys in charge? Or do we feel attached to this thread now?
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Hey all, I was hugely excited to see the thread 14 make a return, I must admit. What are we going to do? I'm just thinking that we don't want to lose it again, or at least don't want to lose the data - I really like reading over the old threads and don't think I'm alone, and it's lovely to have the record. Could we perhaps migrate back to thread 14, but with Baileys in charge? Or do we feel attached to this thread now?

I think we should stick with this thread now for February. It might be a good idea to start a new one each month or at least each year so they don't get too large.

I believe the old one can be locked so that we can go back and read it but not post.

That's just my take. What do others think? :)
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    7/28 for tonight please
    It seems it is possible to merge threads which is what a lot of folks are doing who lost their original threads
    As Cathybird said it is good to have the access to the previous threads in the 1st post
    Obviously it is up to Baileys but I believe a pm to Enthusiasticsaver can get them merged
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 2/21 for me today, hey I must admit my excitement about the original thread was before I managed to spot Bailey's stupendous lineup of emoticons, they're bloody brilliant, love the hairy monster!!! :rotfl:Go Baileysonice :T:T:T:T In actual fact if someone clever can merge the two threads that would be ideal - but if that can't be done then at least locking the old thread so we can access it and add the link to the list of old threads would be really great, in my opinion - there's a lot I'd like to keep on that thread, there was some great stuff on it, lots of classic stuff from Honey Bear, maman and everyone else in the gang :) That's my two bobs' worth and as usual I'm shouting my head off before I've even had my second coffee :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    Well i don't mind what we decide but my opinion for what its worth :D is that we should ask for the original to be closed to protect it from trolls again then ask shaggy or a forum team member to add a link to the first post. threads that are really large will be more at risk so maybe we do need to start a new one when it reaches a few thousand posts. One thing that is not going to work is having two threads open as people will get confused (me for one :D)

anyway lets make a decision soon then we can get back to the most important thing here
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am perfectly happy to go along with locking the old thread and continue with our shiny new one :T:T:T

No plans to drink tonight but Thursday is my 'iffy' night so I won't declare until tomorrow ;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Baileys, I don't know how you want to deal with this conundrum. I'm putting a link in to both threads so people can connect up with them. It might be worth asking MSE Andrea if she can just insert the newer, shorter thread straight into this one, which I've often seen done elsewhere. I'm not sure how it works date-wise, though.

8/28 please.
    Better is good enough.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've posted on Thread 14 and suggested we ask MSE Andrea to merge the two threads, but I agree that the above suggestion of asking to lock Thread 14 seems a better idea and it might be worth starting a new one each month so we don't go through the trauma of losing another 100 pages again before we learn the lesson. In the meantime, here's a link to Thread 14 for those that want to access it.

8/28 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    How can you tell?

7/28 please, Baileys.

If you have a good virus detector then you should be fine it will block it
    I use https://www.pic4ever.com
    and its never caused me any issues x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors