Electricity meter

Options
To cut a long story short I am trying to get new quotes for my electric at my shop and I am trying to understand which type of electricity meter I have E. G. Economy 7.

I am away from my premises therefore do not have access to the meter or any bills however I do have the previous meter readings.
Each readings have two rates detailed as 'rate 1' and 'rate 2'. Rate 1 is always considerably higher than rate 2. Rate 1 comes in the format of 0002748 and rate 2 the format of 000082.

Is it possible to tell which type of meter I have from this information? (utilities is not my stromg point)

Thanks all

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You really need a copy of the bill so you know the unit rates and preferably two bills a year apart using actual readings otherwise you wont be able to compare prices.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The meter has 2 rates, which probably means that at some time there were 2 tariff levels ie economy 7 (day tariff and cheap night tariff).

But that does not mean you are still on economy 7. Your electricity supplier may be charging you at the same tariff level for both readings.

Either look at your bill, or phone your supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure