Issues with talktalk service!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
2 replies 928 views
Chrislb1981Chrislb1981 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
So anyone else having these same issues with talktalk fibre broadband? I am looking for advice on what to do next......

I upgraded to fibre broadband 3 months ago with talktalk. My contract agreement states I should receive a minimum speed of 61Mbps but it should be running between 70-82Mbps.

Since the start of my contract I have carried out speed tests randomly at different points on different days. I believe that on 2 occasions I received 61Mbps but that was the result of literally 2 tests. Every other speed test I have run has come in on an average of around 45Mbps, nowhere near my agreed minimum speed. I have contacted talktalk several times regarding this. I've done the usual "test the router on the master socket" test and they have "apparently" updated the firmware on my router on at least 2 occasions (I didn't think router manufacturers released new firmware so frequently!!)

Anyway, I contact them today to complain again about my service (via the app) to get a shirty customer service rep who goes through the usual "copy and paste" junk (to the extent that they copied and pasted it twice into the same chat, overlaping both comments!) and they explain that they are going to send out an engineer to look at the line. If they find no fault or I am not home when they arrive then I apparently have to pay £30 for the engineer to have a wasted visit. if their equipment is damaged I have to pay £40!!!

Now I have no reason to damage the router, and I've had this issue from the start of my contract. When i asked the rep about the £30 charge and enquired as to whether I will receive compensation for not receiving the service I pay for the response was "you pay £27.50 per month and the engineer costs £30 per visit so we are sending them out to you as a courtesy". say what now? (convo screen grabbed for evidence!).

So not only am I not getting the service I pay for, not only have they still not fixed it, but I get a rude employee telling my that I have to pay for an engineer THEY are choosing to send out if they find no fault?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

can anybody help with my rights here or what I should do??

Chris

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to go through the agreed procedures if you are looking for help .
    Engineer will check Master socket and back to the exchange . If no fault is found then its probably your internal wiring at fault and visit is chargeable .
  • TalkTalkTalkTalk Forumite, Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Chris,

I'm so sorry you're having problems, we'd like to get this sorted for you. If you get in touch with my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk) or register and post on our Online Community, we'll look straight into what's happening.

Thanks,
    Becky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals