Firefox and NatWest

Options
2»

Comments

• mattdegu
    Options
    I think that reply (to just use IE) is pretty facile. Apart from the original post's comment (ie about not wanting to use IE), there are lots of reasons people like to stick with their favourite browser. I've invested a lot into Firefox, I like the fact it's 'open source', has been around for over 20 years (and is not owned by a mega-corp like Microsoft or Google) and I use a few solid extensions that make my browsing work the best for me.

FF isn't always perfect however (I'm currently getting a false "Secure Connection Failed" for Natwest), and maybe this site isn't the best place to discuss it, though this forum is coming high on Google. According to a Mozilla forum (Mozilla make Firefox - you may need to scroll your search page down a bit) this has happened with Chrome too. I personally suspect that Natwest itself is very Microsoft oriented, as IE seems to work the best for its online banking.

Like plenty of other people though, I really don't like IE however, and we really shouldn't be obliged to use it.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No one should be using IE as it is out of date and not supported any more.
  • mattdegu
    Options
    Good point! I think the IE/Edge thing was one of the biggest issues with Microsoft. Back a few years and they wanted everyone to migrate to Edge, but it was too new, different and unsupported. Yet during this period they slowly stopped supporting IE. Then they finally made the lower-case 'e' Edge icon look like the old IE Internet Explorer one, eventually into confusing people like me into calling Edge "IE".

I still haven't solved my problem with Firefox, but will post something here when I do though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure