Travel insurance question

Options
2»

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Coverwise policy wording:

http://www.coverwise.co.uk/documents/UK/5/nonmed/Standard/5.07/ScheduleWording.pdf
    Period of insurance
    - means if single trip cover is selected: the period of the trip and terminating upon its completion, but not in any case exceeding the period shown in the schedule. Under these policies Section A - Cancellation cover will be operative from the time you pay the premium.
    So you are covered for cancellation from the date you paid for the policy.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. If you wanted to have cover for possible cancellation before you go then it should start from now. Then you'd be covered for this holiday to NYC or any other trip that you take beforehand. It sounds to me that you've only taken out cover for the actual single trip. Definitely need to clarify tomorrow.

No, that is not how single-trip cover works. The starting date is the first day of the holiday, but cancellation cover commences as soon as the policy is taken out.

Thanks for that. As cancellation cover wasn't mentioned in the OP's post just the holiday dates I went on that.

Personally I have annual insurance so it's not something I ever need to think about.

It's useful advice for anyone planning a trip in the future though. I'm sure many people leave taking out insurance until it's almost time for the holiday as they think they'll have to pay for all the months in between.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure