PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

O/S Daily Saturday 27th January 2018

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Sons tests went well but wont get the results for a week. Fingers crossed all will be well. Im not sure I understand 'addiction', ive been one to steer clear of anything addictive all my life....apart from chocolate but at a push I'd give that up as well.

Grump tossed and turned all night keeping me awake. Not sure how the day will pan out as we have lots to do as well as having the Grandchildren overnight.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all.
    Thanks for the thread Holly and hugs to those in need, so many of us are struggling.

Someone managed to crash into us last night, I'm not sure how as we are moored neatly but two pictures were knocked off the wall, as they were stuck k with commando strips that took some doing.

Our engine was fitted yesterday but it was too low to meet the prop, so it came out so some block's could be fitted. The new key plate is in and the instructions are in English instead of German so hopefully that will make things easier. We are rocking around less now the engine is in so I'm less likely to spill stuff.

It's raining here so I will go for a walk, not sure about CHS, he tends to think he will melt if he gets wet.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    An aromatherapy burner and burglars blend essential oil arrived yesterday so I have the oil burning in my bedroom just now.

A new cast iron casserole should be in the post and I need to rummage round the freezer to find something to cook tonight as I think three dds might be staying over. Not sure if I feel up to getting the bus to the other end of town to get a joint of meat and some veg for tomorrow or just to get something from the small local shop.

nmic

I have a slow cooker but agree that I prefer the taste of food in a cast iron pot.

Hugs and positive vibes for anyone poorly.

Have had an slight tummy upset for a couple of days now so decided it would be sensible to stay close to home.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2018 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Its appears to be quite a nice day here but I think they said rain this afternoon, OH and I are off to I**a today I want to look at some plates, we bought some lovely Denby ones when we first moved in but they are a bit chipped and battered now, I saw some on the website which were made in a cooperative in I think Thailand a fair trade kind of thing which were lovely so i'll have a look at them.

Also when we put the kitchen in we put mainly drawers with only two cupboards, I have decided that one of the cupboards needs converting to drawers, as its so much easier getting things in and out of drawers, no getting down on your knees and scrabbling round so we will get the bits for that.

We will have lunch out so just a snack for tea tonight.

Have good days all and hugs to Lainey xx
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

I am going to attempt a bit of light housework today. It must be at least 2 weeks since any was done.

I'll take it slowly but wish me luck.

Take care and have a good day all x

Lainey I'm pleased Lulu's move went well and I hope she soon settles into her new home :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning chums and a bright and sunny morning at the moment outside but the forecast according to the BBC say it won't last :) Cheerful lot aren't they :)

The hyacinths are half way out already in the garden, and I have lots of daffs shooting up. Spring will hopefully soon be here and fingers crossed the nasty bugs and virus's will get gone

Silver oldie you are very wise to stay away from crowds and busy shops

When I was having chemo my oncology nurse said its the easiest place to find a germ. As your immunity is lowered when on chemo, and afterwards, I have made a point to not go anywhere near crowded places during the winter if I can. It works as well, and if the family have colds I don't go near them either :)

I am out tonight with my DD and son-in-law for a curry and I am looking forward to it ,I shall only have a light snack at lunchtime as the local curry house serve enormous portions and its gorgeous :).

Judi one of my DDs gave up chocolate a couple of years ago and now won't touch it nor even anything with chocolate in it as she says it tastes odd :) No chance of me doing that, but I am happy to help her out when she gets some given to her :)

Lainey, glad Lulu has settled in to her new home OK

Gers what a lovely idea ,some 'Get better soon dust' I think a good few folk need a sprinkle of that at the moment

I just like the fact that the days are slowly getting longer and hopefully the spring will soon be with us.

DD and son-in-law and three of the boys and I have managed to find a five day break in a caravan just after Easter on our beloved Isle of Wight that won't break the bank so we have that to look forward to.

Right I'm off, as its a busy day ahead and I want to get my hoovering and tidying up done so I can sit and watch a movie this afternoon and do some knitting before going out tonight

Take care everyone and <<hugs >. to the poorly ones and anyone who needs one

JackieO xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

OH had a better day yesterday although not all his lunch was eaten, he ended up having his trifle half way through the afternoon. Slept ok.

He is up and dressed, how long for is anyone's guess.......soup for lunch, he has requested beefburgers, jacket spud and roast tomato for supper.

Had a call from his Dr yesterday he has come off the diuretic, his salt count was too low!! So the medication is gradually reducing. We still have the headache though and occasional dizzies.......will see how today goes.

I did the ironing from earlier in the week this morning, so that's out of the way.

Pork out of the freezer for tomorrows supper, I usually forget to take it out and then have to do a quick defrost.

As OH slept ok last night I had a decent night myself fora change did not even have to get up for the loo, which makes a change.

Its a dull day, looks like we may get rain at some point.

Lainey.....glad your horse travelled ok and is happy in her new home.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Youngest dd phoned to say she and her sisters were coming for a meal tonight. Have agreed to cook a beef and mushroom pie with home made potato pastry.

I need to nip out to get some beef and mushrooms etc and the potatoes are on the hob ready to mash and cool down for pastry.

I found some chicken breasts in the freezer which can be used to make bacon wrapped chicken tomorrow with home made wedges and veg.

csarina

I am glad DH is feeling a bit better. Try to take care of yourself as well.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello dailies :wave:
    Back to my usual late posts :D.
    I have spent most of this morning helping Mr Fix It look at our finances for the year. Normally he has no problem but this time he was all over the place. Don't know if it's the illness, medication or what :(.
    Anyway we got there in the end. Not looking forward to deciding about our holidays, hope that goes better than the finances. Pulling teeth comes to mind :rotfl:.
    This morning I have thrown the duster around, put the DW and the WM on and had a general tidy up. I also paid the TV licence for this year.
    Tea tonight will be gammon steaks and chips, I'm also going have corn on the cob with mine.
    Later I will pack a bag ready for our mini break, if I can get Mr Fix It to decide what he wants to take. He used to leave it all to me but since he's been on his medication, he now makes his own decisions :eek:. ( well as long as I approve :rotfl:). I am taking my tablet with me, but I probably will not post, only read along. Will hopefully be back with you on Tuesday.
    Stay safe and warm, hugs to all
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello dailies :wave:
    Back to my usual late posts :D.
    I have spent most of this morning helping Mr Fix It look at our finances for the year. Normally he has no problem but this time he was all over the place. Don't know if it's the illness, medication or what :(.
    Anyway we got there in the end. Not looking forward to deciding about our holidays, hope that goes better than the finances. Pulling teeth comes to mind :rotfl:.
    This morning I have thrown the duster around, put the DW and the WM on and had a general tidy up. I also paid the TV licence for this year.
    Tea tonight will be gammon steaks and chips, I'm also going have corn on the cob with mine.
    Later I will pack a bag ready for our mini break, if I can get Mr Fix It to decide what he wants to take. He used to leave it all to me but since he's been on his medication, he now makes his own decisions :eek:. ( well as long as I approve :rotfl:). I am taking my tablet with me, but I probably will not post, only read along. Will hopefully be back with you on Tuesday.
    Stay safe and warm, hugs to all
    nan

Have a lovely time NW :A xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income