We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car insurance up for renewal - mistake?
jsj25
Posts: 89 Forumite
Hi everyone,
My car insurance is up for renewal and I'm shopping around for quotes, though currently my existing provider seems to be offering the best price.
However, I've been combing through my existing policy with them and was really surprised to see that there appears to be a small mistake on it. At the time of the policy starting, my no claims discount was 3 years, but looking at the dates this should actually have been 4 years (now 5, as another year has passed). I have absolutely no idea how that happened as I'm normally meticulous with this kind of thing, but obviously this is something that will need to be corrected.
My question is, what is the likely impact of notifying my provider about this change? I'd hope that the fact I've got a longer no claims period would work in my favour, but if I notify them of an innocent mistake on my current policy, will that invalidate it/affect the renewal quote?
I'll be needing to give them a call either way, but would really appreciate your insight about what I might be able to expect.
Cheers, guys.
My car insurance is up for renewal and I'm shopping around for quotes, though currently my existing provider seems to be offering the best price.
However, I've been combing through my existing policy with them and was really surprised to see that there appears to be a small mistake on it. At the time of the policy starting, my no claims discount was 3 years, but looking at the dates this should actually have been 4 years (now 5, as another year has passed). I have absolutely no idea how that happened as I'm normally meticulous with this kind of thing, but obviously this is something that will need to be corrected.
My question is, what is the likely impact of notifying my provider about this change? I'd hope that the fact I've got a longer no claims period would work in my favour, but if I notify them of an innocent mistake on my current policy, will that invalidate it/affect the renewal quote?
I'll be needing to give them a call either way, but would really appreciate your insight about what I might be able to expect.
Cheers, guys.
0
Comments
-
Assuming this is their error there should be no problems not only with the renewal but making a correction to the current year's premium
(Whoever is to blame, correcting it now won't have any adverse impact on the renewal quote)0 -
Okay, that's definitely reassuring re. the renewal. Fingers crossed!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards