IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Elite Management (Midlands) Parking Charge, Solicitors Involved

Options
Parker_232
Parker_232 Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 25 January 2018 at 8:57PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
My vehicle was in Walsall St Matthews Quarter for work; we have a permit to park, but my car was used instead of the normal work van, a note was left with all the details on it for the normal vehicle stating that this was a temporary vehicle (this has been done many times as we don't have access to that vehicle as that member of staff was on his day off). There has never been an issue before, but a ticket was issued.

I got a few letters from Elite themselves that I have ignored, now they've got solicitors involved, this is the second letter I've received from the solicitors and it says "we previously wrote to you in connection with the recovery of the Debt, which has been incurred following the failure to repay a Parking Charge Notice ("PCN"). They are asking for payment withing 14 days of the letter otherwise I may get a CCJ.

What do I do now? They're asking me to pay £200+ but I don't have that sort of money lying around. Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers :beer:

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Which solicitors?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Parker_232
    Options
    QDR Solicitors
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    has your company not got it cancelled yet?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Parker_232
    Options
    Nah, they said to ignore it, so I did, but now it's starting to worry me
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no go back to your bosses , they "invited" you on the land , they should have emailed you a temp permit , as by the sounds of it they knew you had to use your own transport

did your company hire this firm?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please read the NEWBIES thread, top of this board, it covers this stage.

And to learn far more about what will/won't happen (more than the replies you'd get on a thread) search the forum for:

QDR
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Parker_232
    Options
    They will just say I have to pay it. They don't own the car park or anything, they just have a tiny shop in Walsall and they pay Elite for a permit for the staff
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    superb management you have , and I suspect the last time you will cover for a member of staff unless a company vehicle is provided

do as CM suggests above

no solisitor can "give you a CCJ" only a court can make you pay the INITIAL charge , plus small court charges , not a trumped up number from "rent a letterhead Ltd "
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Parker_232
    Options
    Oh yeah we have the most amazing management *rolls eyes* :P

Ive had a look through previous posts about QDR but it hasn't really helped me in the way of what to do next, I should however state that the ticket was received in April '17
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    QDR are a trading namev of wright hastle , a well respected solisitors (over 100 yrs old) untill they got involved in parking QDR is the "new unknown" name

quite often parking Cos , "rent a letterhead" or pay £5b for a letter

QDR do not do court , it will get banded about and end up with ANother

elite left the BPA , went to the IPC , did not like it or fell out , and went back to the BPA

do you still have the origional ticket , date please?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family