We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You are very welcome, MLE007. Imho and fwiw, you are one of the kindest people on this board.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    I signed up to Prolific three weeks ago, had five studies in the first two days earning a total of about £3, and nothing since, just more and more personal pre-screening questions. I'm tempted to delete all my answers and try entering them again... with tweaks!

Only ever be honest with your prescreeners. People are trying to get data for studies - for real life things like masters and doctorates (I am doing one myself right now). Youd be mortified to spend your own money only for people to effectively cheat you.
    Im a big believer that people doing research want others from all walks of life, it might be quiet right now (it happens) but it will pick up, and it tends to be ripe between March-June.
    Always remember this is not your standard survey site...if you want one of those then Swagbucks, GlobalTestMarket et al are you places to visit.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Smodlet
    edited 6 February 2018 at 12:10PM
    Available Places : 446/470
    Avg. Completion Time : 2mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 15mins
    Reward: £ 0.20

Part 2 of one a week ago.

ETA: No completion code received but had one for the first part. WTH, it's only a poxy 20p.
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Smodlet wrote: »

ETA: No completion code received but had one for the first part. WTH, it's only a poxy 20p.

Same happened to me!

At the end it asked for an ID, I put my Prolific ID in and then it said I had taken the survey but this was the first time taking part 2!
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper Second Anniversary Bake Off Boss! Photogenic
    Smodlet wrote: »

No completion code here either, but it's already been approved :)
  • Smodlet
    Yep, been paid so no harm, no foul, right? Would love to know how they think they are going to send a picture when they have no email address but I don't want it anyway so what the heck?
  • Another weird and wonderful one, you could right click on the image to save it if you wanted to :D
  • Smodlet
    I purposely did not do that, MLE007... They kept on about "sending" it.
  • Ah I must've missed that! They can send the bonus though, that will be nice :)
  • Smodlet
    Well, your luck seems to be going that way; mine sure as hell is not.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.