Options

Comments

• regista
    regista Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 July 2019 at 3:57PM
    Options
    **Payment now received**

Does anyone know if today's payment run has been made?

I changed my PayPal email yesterday but realized it had a typo after cashing out. I immediately changed it to the correct one and also registered the email address with the typo and added it to my PayPal. Not sure if all the messing around will cause issues with the payment.
  • jlemaitre
    jlemaitre Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    regista wrote: »
    Does anyone know if today's payment run has been made?

I changed my PayPal email yesterday but realized it had a typo after cashing out. I immediately changed it to the correct one and also registered the email address with the typo and added it to my PayPal. Not sure if all the messing around will cause issues with the payment.

Judging by your post you're in America?

i'm in England and had my payment sent straight away at 04:30 AM(BST) So i'd say yes.

Also for anyone else in UK I thought this was a bit stupid, Of course it may have been for US, I was given a survey just before 04:30AM this morning they wanted your small child to sit and watch a video for 15 Mins for a payout of roughly £7.88. Very strange time to have a survey for a child(I'm new to Prolific, So this may be the norm).
  • regista
    edited 23 July 2019 at 3:57PM
    Options
    **Payment now received**

No I'm in the UK but this was only my 4th cashout since switching from Circle to PayPal so I dont think it's instant for me yet. I did notice that the pending payment icon disappeared but thought that was just because I changed the email.
  • jlemaitre
    jlemaitre Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My 2nd payout was as above, But my first one was during late evening end of last week.
  • regista
    edited 23 July 2019 at 3:56PM
    Options
    **Payment now received**

Frustratingly as the email address that had the typo wasn't registered before cashing out I don't even have the email to claim the payment if it was send immediately. I'm not sure if when I added the typo account to my PayPal it would have told me if their was money pending to be claimed or not.

I guess this highlights a problem with the prolific verification system in that it only sends a verification email to your registered prolific email rather than the new payment email too.
  • PWEM
    PWEM Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2019 at 4:00PM
    Options
    regista wrote: »
    No I'm in the UK but this was only my 4th cashout since switching from Circle to PayPal so I dont think it's instant for me yet. I did notice that the pending payment icon disappeared but thought that was just because I changed the email.

I cashed out yesterday morning and it hasn't came in yet.
    This is my first cashout on PayPal and 4th so far and still pending but I noticed the new balance has a green instant pay button.

Just as I'm typing the payment came through.

edit:: ah, you received it :j
  • mon37
    mon37 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Is cashing out through Circle no more possible? Got email from Circle saying it's closing.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mon37 wrote: »
    Is cashing out through Circle no more possible? Got email from Circle saying it's closing.

No, they are closing that part of their business. I am surprised you have only just received the email. I think I got mine at the end of June and the last cash-in date was a couple of weeks after.
  • mon37
    mon37 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. So we are left with just one option of cashing out via PayPal?
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mon37 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. So we are left with just one option of cashing out via PayPal?

It looks like it. I think that is how PA used to be for a long time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback