Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Topiary wrote: »
    20 mins wasted today on "A psychological survey study on places and mobility"

"Dear participant of the Prolific project "A psychological survey study on places and mobility",

I hope this finds you well. I am very sorry to have to inform you that due to a technical error no data has been recorded. We apologise profusely for the inconvenience and am rather upset myself. We tried a relaunch and it seems that the study works fine now, so you are welcome to retake it if you like, although we would also completely understand if you didn't want to partake again.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience.

Best wishes on behalf of all researchers,

Friedrich Götz"

Dear Researcher,

I'm very sorry that the date wasn't collected properly, but as this was your problem, not mine, you can jolly well pay me the agreed rate anyway.

Yours, ..............
  • Vintage67
    Options
    If you completed the survey and got a completion code you should still be paid, so worth complaining to Prolific.

From their tutorial regarding missing data at https://helpcentre.prolific.ac/hc/en-gb/articles/360009093594-Missing-data-from-Prolific-participant

4.If the participant has the correct completion code and has completed in the correct time then your survey software might have had some data loss. Check with the participant/and or your study software provider if anything went wrong during the study. If the participant took the time to complete the study, you will still need to approve them even if you don't have the data.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Personal Credit Questionnaire
    Hosted by Chris Morris
    £0.15 1 minute £9.00/hr 2462 places remaining
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,988 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Which iPhone/iOS are you using? Optional $2.00 bonus study for iOS 11/12 users (5 minutes to complete)
    Hosted by Warren Huffman

Anyone have this one?

I downloaded the app on my phone, copy/ pasted my prolific ID but there was nowhere to click continue/ return/ submit. Have messaged the host, but wonder if I am missing something.....other than the $2 bonus.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Which iPhone/iOS are you using? Optional $2.00 bonus study for iOS 11/12 users (5 minutes to complete)
    Hosted by Warren Huffman

Anyone have this one?

I downloaded the app on my phone, copy/ pasted my prolific ID but there was nowhere to click continue/ return/ submit. Have messaged the host, but wonder if I am missing something.....other than the $2 bonus.

Did you do the actual task in the app (12 x focus tests)?

This generated a participant code - I put that in the box on Prolific not my Prolific ID.

The 36p (ish) is showing - bonuses usually come later.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,988 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    warby68 wrote: »
    Did you do the actual task in the app (12 x focus tests)?

This generated a participant code - I put that in the box on Prolific not my Prolific ID.

The 36p (ish) is showing - bonuses usually come later.

I downloaded the app. First screen asks for my study ID. I copy and pasted my prolific ID. Then the keyboard only shows numbers, with no way of pressing anything like RETURN or GO so I can't proceed.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I downloaded the app. First screen asks for my study ID. I copy and pasted my prolific ID. Then the keyboard only shows numbers, with no way of pressing anything like RETURN or GO so I can't proceed.

The Study ID was a 5 digit numeric code in the task instructions IIRC
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is not a typical Prolific study.

To participate in this survey, you must have conversations with coworkers on a daily basis and work a traditional (9-5 M-F) schedule.

For this study, we will ask you to list your coworkers, and then we will randomly select one of these coworkers. We will then ask you questions about this coworker in this "entry survey" (8-10 minutes), and in ten "daily surveys" (2-3 min each) over the course of two weeks. In each daily survey, we will ask you questions about a conversation you had with the chosen coworker sometime over the workday. These daily surveys will be sent to you via the Prolific message system at around 4pm each workday (M-F) for two weeks, and each survey completion will be compensated $1.00 cents in the form of a bonus. (Note: you must complete the survey in the evening it was sent to you.) You are not required to complete every daily survey, although you are encouraged to do so. Full participation in this study would require a total of 30-40 minutes, which would earn $11.25.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mon37
    mon37 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Has been very quiet Prolific for me for the last few weeks, what about you?
  • Vintage67
    Options
    Very quiet for me too, just 3 surveys in the last 10 days. Prolific are trialling a new 'representative sampling' tool for participant selection at the moment, wonder if that's having an effect? Whatever the reason, people on MoneyShed and Reddit are also complaining so seems a widespread issue.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback