Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes I am aware of that however surveys that can only be completed on pc still show as available on mobile you just can't actually do the survey. I have had NOTHING even show up since last Friday and that is checking via nmbith mobile and pc. I know it's sparse but to not have anything for a week seems very poor. Feeling a bit disappointed. There is no way I'm missing a lot of the surveys as I have the tab open regularly. As I say even on mobile device they would show as available whether you can compete then on mob device or not. Also I have email notifications for when a survey is available for me and have had no emails hence I know I haven't missed any.

Hmm. I have had 8 in that time. Well, 8 Ive completed, I have seen others pop up that I was unable to do.

The surveys will always pop up depending on your account as opposed to device you are currently on.

Getting email notifications for surveys is very rare, I get maybe one every couple of months.

Thing is you can say its poor or disappointing or whatever you like, but ultimately if researchers are not sending them to Prolific, theres not a great deal they can do. Remember its not a commercial site. I am fortunate in that I probably qualify for a higher % of surveys then others, as a guy in mid 30's - there will be fewer the older and younger you are.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Vintage67
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I had mine within 5 minutes, played game (properly dull) finished, no issues.

In other news...

Share your prior sarcastic tweets
    Hosted by Silviu Oprea
    £0.70
    5 minutes
    £8.40/hr
    118 places remaining

Could be interesting. Though I dont really tweet so...

There's a thread about that Twitter study on Prolific's Reddit page (https://www.reddit.com/r/ProlificAc/). PA have commented:

Hi everyone - we'd like to apologise for the presence of this study on Prolific yesterday. Indeed, studies requesting this kind of personally identifiable information are not permitted on our platform, and we informed the researcher of this as soon as we became aware (as well as taking the study down immediately).
    If you can report these problematic studies to our support team in future (support@prolific.ac), that will be the best way to ensure we are made aware and can take the necessary actions as quickly as possible. As for the apparent bug with re-appearing studies, our developers have been informed and are looking into the issue. I hope this helps to alleviate your concerns, and thank you for your continued support! -Zak
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Social Issues in Academic and Family Environments - Desktop only!
    Hosted by Vasilena Stefanova
    £3.00
    30 minutes
    £6.00/hr
    46 places remaining

I got that one as well Mike but I think we were part of a very small demographic given the glacial speed with which the number of available places decreased.
  • little_green
    Options
    Hmm. I have had 8 in that time. Well, 8 Ive completed, I have seen others pop up that I was unable to do.

The surveys will always pop up depending on your account as opposed to device you are currently on.

Getting email notifications for surveys is very rare, I get maybe one every couple of months.

Thing is you can say its poor or disappointing or whatever you like, but ultimately if researchers are not sending them to Prolific, theres not a great deal they can do. Remember its not a commercial site. I am fortunate in that I probably qualify for a higher % of surveys then others, as a guy in mid 30's - there will be fewer the older and younger you are.
    Ah i thought emailing was the norm as not long joined & received a few email alerts fro surveys but maybe was just due to being new.
    Strange you've had 8 & me 0 though I realize we probably meet different criteria. Just dont understand how I haven't had any in a week ...
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah i thought emailing was the norm as not long joined & received a few email alerts fro surveys but maybe was just due to being new.
    Strange you've had 8 & me 0 though I realize we probably meet different criteria. Just dont understand how I haven't had any in a week ...

No hardly ever get emails. I've only had 4 this month and one of those was aimed very specifically at people who work in education. When I first started I could have seven studies in a day sometimes. Now if I get 7 in a week that is good.
  • mikep22
    Options
    Mood, memory, and attention III
    Hosted By: Oscar Kjell Available Places: 40
    Reward: 5.60 Reward /hr: 5.09
    Completion Time: 65 minutes

While I probably would have done this study if at home, and could even probably have done it at work - perusal of the first few questions have been like...60 minutes of this?? No thanks.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • mikep22
    Options

You probably have, but might not have been online to see them.

I've used the site for nearly 3 years and I literally do not close the tab, and have the Prolific Assistant open (a chrome extension) which helps. I might get a single figure number of surveys a year which require me to use my phone.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Participant referrals shortly to be phased out....they just posted this on Facebook. Presumably more info on their site?

'After careful consideration as a team, we have decided to phase out our participant referral scheme over the next 3 months.'
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Decision-Making Task 1902132
    Hosted by Christoph Schild
    £0.707 minutes £6.00/hr 197 places remaining
  • Topiary
    Topiary Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    20 mins wasted today on "A psychological survey study on places and mobility"

"Dear participant of the Prolific project "A psychological survey study on places and mobility",

I hope this finds you well. I am very sorry to have to inform you that due to a technical error no data has been recorded. We apologise profusely for the inconvenience and am rather upset myself. We tried a relaunch and it seems that the study works fine now, so you are welcome to retake it if you like, although we would also completely understand if you didn't want to partake again.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience.

Best wishes on behalf of all researchers,

Friedrich Götz"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport