We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• Righto. :beer:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper Second Anniversary Bake Off Boss! Photogenic
    Work experiences
    Hosted by Marius Van Dijke
    £1.5015 minutes £6.00/hr 53 places remaining
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post
    Had 3 studies when I logged in this morning, none of which taking long - probably coming to about £1.50. Boom Boom shake the room.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Recently joined PA so a bit of a noob. Not getting as many surveys as I had hoped for & have completed all the profile questions :( any tips?
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's just a bit of a wait and see, I'm afraid! It just depends on when people upload their surveys - which can be any time of day or night! Places do fill up quickly though, so it can be hard to get to surveys in time!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,829 Ambassador
    I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Photogenic
    Follow up 1
    Hosted by Jennifer Barhorst
    £0.756 minutes £7.47/hr

Failed on me last night. I kept answering the first "real" page of questions and getting error messages so couldn't proceed. Wasted time messaging the host, who just apologised and asked for more details.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages, student & coronavirus Boards, money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • No surveys since Friday ughhhhh it's so slow, had really hoped for more. I have answered ALL the about me questions
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,829 Ambassador
    I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Photogenic
    Had a couple of 10p surveys that were really pre-survey qualifiers. Interesting that researchers are using prolific in this way.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages, student & coronavirus Boards, money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Still nothing for me. Last one was Friday. Checked fairly regularly over the weekend and pretty much continuously yesterday but nothing. Is it normal not to have anything for days?
    Looks like I'm going to have to sign up for another money earning site as well
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post
    Still nothing for me. Last one was Friday. Checked fairly regularly over the weekend and pretty much continuously yesterday but nothing. Is it normal not to have anything for days?
    Looks like I'm going to have to sign up for another money earning site as well

Certainly weekends are quieter IMHO.

I think you are being unrealistic if you think Prolific, or indeed any, survey making site will be the answer to making cash. I use a plethora of sites as at times every site will be quiet.

I would generally say it is wise to keep the Prolific site open on a tab and also get yourself the Prolific assistant (its not officially supported by Prolific) for Chrome, which I find very useful.

You also need to bear in mind what type of site Prolific is, it is supporting academic studies - not commercial ones. Therefore there are generally less studies available. Recently there has been an influx is users in the last year....therefore with the same number of studies, and more users - there are less to go around.

But Prolific is still by some way my top earner, over sites like Qmee, Global Test Market, Populous, YouGov, Swagbucks and so on.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.