Aer Lingus cancelled flight

Options
My sons flight with Aer Lingus to Boston was cancelled last April. I submitted a claim and received a reference number, I have contacted them several times and each time it is an automated reply. I have checked on the CAA website but they cannot complain due to Aer Lingus being in Dublin. I have checked on the Irish Aviation Authority site but there is not a section for complaints about an airline. Seems that Aer Lingus are exempt from European law even though they quote the EC Regulation 261/2004 on their website. Has anyone been successful in receiving flight cancellation compensation from this airline ? Many thanks

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    any Aer Lingus posts will be on this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4445431
    what was the reason for the cancellation and how much notice was given? have you checked with the NWNF checkers (EUclaim, bottonline) that they agree compensation is due? if so, google for Vaubans Guide and the answers should be there
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Commission for Aviation Regulation (https://www.aviationreg,ie) is the Irish body that deals with EU261 claims, and appears to be quite successful unlike the CAA. Aer Lingus do comply with the law, when they have to, but without knowing why the flight was cancelled, it is impossible to say whether there is a claim or not. I can see a flight to Boston was cancelled on 17th April and that may have been because the plane planned to operate the flight was stranded in Chicago, if that was the case, there appears to be a potential claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure