IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court letter assistance

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No I wouldn't.

Nor would I say BW Legal lose most cases, almost certainly not. Think how many victims get a claim/scary letter and just pay up, or who defend weakly and lose.

We only see the tip of the iceberg here and yes, 99% win (but most never come here).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Logblahar
    Logblahar Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2018 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Ref: Claim Number:

Dear

I am writing in reference to claim Excel v MR . Iam the defendant in the claim and have spent a great amount of time, money and effort in research, printing and postage in defending the claim. I have enclosed my costs schedule.

The hearing was due to take place on 2018 at 00, however after receiving my Witness statement and Defence package on June 2018 the solicitors (BW Legal) have served me a Notice of Discontinuance.

My Witness Statement and evidence included no new information. The Claimant knew and held all the details before filing the claim and this case was clearly an action they had no intention of seeing through to a hearing.

BW Legal have already been named and shamed (these law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct.

I find it amazing that these parking companies and associated Legal firms are allowed to make a mockery of the legal system and waste both your time and mine. I am therefore asking you to consider granting my costs on the indemnity basis and consider doubling the reasonable sum claimed by me.

If nothing else to address the waste of time for you and the court and to send Excel a clear message about their unreasonable conduct as a vexatious litigant.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response

Yours faithfully
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My Witness Statement and evidence included no new information. The Claimant knew and held all the details before filing the claim and this case was clearly an action they had no intention of seeing through to a hearing.

What about the above, just to make it clear?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    What about the above, just to make it clear?

Great. Thank you.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    All in with the Judges at Skipton. Let's see what comes back?
  • Capt_Mainwaring
    Options
    'I have referred your witness evidence to my client, and have been instructed to discontinue the claim against you. I enclose by way of service our clients Notice of Discontinuance, a copy of which has been filed at court. I can confirm that your file is now closed'.

First of all, congratulations on making Excel shat themselves and discontinue the 'non claim' they had against you. I'm due in court later this month and my circumstances are VERY similar to yours. I can only hope that I receive the same email you did, when I file my WS.

I wish I'd read your thread earlier, as I do have some photos of the signage and parking machines at that retail park. Fortunately for you, it didn't matter in the end.

Good luck in your venture to crowbar some costs out of these scumbags. I've lost count of how many times I've had to put my own personal plans for an evening or a weekend afternoon on hold, over the best part of the last 12 months, in order to make them go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure