IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court letter assistance

Options

Comments

• Logblahar
    Logblahar Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Can I send witness statement by email to claimants solicitors?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    YEs and yes, if you have an email addres for them. Just send it, if large, in a few emails - some servers have a limit on attachment size.
    Of course you send your full bundle, thats what the court form tells you to do AND what post two says.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No need for your address in the first line.

As it's a PCN from 2016, you absolutely do not need:

And it's not for you to file Elliott v Loake, if they want to try it, make them print it.

Clearly you do not need to file this with your WS either:

And file only the relevant page of these, but have in your own bundle, the full versions:

Great.That will Is what I have done. Many thanks
  • Logblahar
    edited 13 June 2018 at 10:03AM
    Options
    Sent my witness statement to BW Legal and got this reply.
    Dear Mr ***********

Our Client: Excel Parking Services Ltd
    Client Ref:
    Claim Number:
    County Court: Skipton
    Hearing Date:

I have referred your witness evidence to my client, and have been instructed to discontinue the claim against you.

I enclose by way of service our clients Notice of Discontinuance, a copy of which has been filed at court.

I can confirm that your file is now closed.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Should I check with the court that this is the case?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes but in writing with a printed out copy of that letter , and a copy of your costs schedule and ask the lovely Judges at Skipton to grant your costs on the indemnity basis and consider doubling the reasonable sum claimed by you, if nothing else to address the waste of time for you and the court and to send Excel a clear message about their unreasonable conduct as a vexatious litigant.

Ask - it's Skipton - they might agree. If any court would, it's Skipton!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeed - also to point out that they only discontinued after seeing your WS - wasting all your time, and with information they must have had before filingthe claim. This was clearly an action they had no intention of seeing through to a hearing.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Obviously I sent my witness statement to BW Legal. I was taking my witness statement by hand to court today. Do I still need to take it in or is it a waste of time now?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Take it with the letter and costs schedule we said, you need the court to see:
    to point out that they only discontinued after seeing your WS - wasting all your time, and with information they must have had before filingthe claim. This was clearly an action they had no intention of seeing through to a hearing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Should I put anything in the letter like -

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.
    BW Legal have already been named and shamed (these law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure