PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 20th January 2018

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Cuddles to everyone who needs it and hoping some positive vibes are coming your way.

I'm not doing too much right now, just sat on here,
    Listening to some music whilst my fiance is in bed doing his work... he has a week only job but he's a web developer and has a big project to complete by monday ...him and the team are so far behind so unfortunately he's taken work home with him.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning again

Thanks for your words of support, it does help greatly. I've made contact this am and asked to be kept up to date, the same info to those concerned. I've had replies saying they would, so the ball's in their court. I could and maybe should say something, but this type of thing has been going on over various situations for so many years and I've been made to feel so horrible so many times I'm just at the point of why get myself worked up and upset because I say something and then they make me feel guilty for bringing the subject up. I think I'm just past this point, I know what's been going on, so will just get through this weekend then retreat back and on a day to day basis won't have to have too much to do with any of them. I'm going to essentially leave them to get on with it, I'm not going to cause a scene just walk away and be the bigger person. Obviously I'll do the best I can for mum and dad. There's a quote which I think fits this situation - I think it goes something like, "It doesn't matter how educated, rich or cool you are, how you speak and treat other people says everything about you and nothing about them, integrity is everything". I'm choosing to the bigger person.

This recent scenario has reinforced why I keep my distance and will do so going forward.

Thanks again for your kind and supportive words, it really does help.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning all, although it's a bit of a damp one here in Kent.The sky is gun metal grey and its raining and not awfully warm either,but Hey Ho it is January so not likely to be nice at all.
    This morning I have a baby blanket to sew together, then knit a border around for the Making Miracles charity.I did 12 before Christmas for the Christmas fete, so this is the second one I have almost finished. A ladt drops off the knitted squares, and I organise them all and sew together and knit the borders.
    When you have lots of knitters doing it with various colours and shades of pink, blue, cream and lemon, and different tensions it can be a bit of a nightmare at times :) But I don't mind as it becomes quite a challenge, bit like a knitted jigsaw.

Tonight I am at my eldest DDs for dinner as she has her ma-in-law Margaret down from London for a couple of days, so I will take my knitting along and Margaret and I will have a good long chinwag tonight.

nmlc how hurtful and unthinking sometimes families can be, and dumpling good job your OH found out his problem,hope Becky gets on OK at home.
    AOD your concert sound lovely, sit back enjoy the music.Lainey treasure the days you have with your beloved dog.

Nelski I see your are still besotted with Mr Martin :) and what's this lying abed until goen 8.00.a.m.Half the day is gone :):)
    Cranky ,lads seem to be forever growing, our Henry is 16 and I have to crane my neck to see hm he is just under 6ft and takes size 12 shoes.

Of my five grandsons only Mikey is a fraction shorter than me at 13, and I'm 5'4" and his feet are size 7 already.I swear my DD has fed them 'Growmore' over the years as they are all tall lads :)

Righttime to get a wriggle on, HM Leek and tattie soup for lunch, which will warm the cockles up, I think I may put a rice pudding on in the slow cooker as I have a big tin of evaporated milk ,so I can make it up to a two pint one which will do for several days for dessert.

Have a great day chums and stay in the warm and dry if you can

JackieO xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    nmlc, i know its a hard one but i think that it;s the best thing to do is to just leave them with their problems and focus on yourself, your own healths and your parents.

you are doiing really well x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 20 January 2018 at 12:11PM
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Slightly better day yesterday, OH stayed in bed in the morning, had a sleep after lunch and then got up stayed up till 9pm. light off around half past 10. He was awake during the night for a while, so I left him to sleep in until 9.30 when I took him breakfast, have just managed to get myself dressed.

I fell asleep in his relax a chair yesterday afternoon, I woke up feeling dreadful, took me ages to pull myself together. However tired I am its really better to try and keep awake.

Dumpling......glad to hear you had a better night, hope things even out with Becky.

Lainey..... sorry to hear about Rosie, I know you will make the best decision for her.
    NMIC .........families are a real pain sometimes, my quilting friends mother died, she only found out when a neighbour phoned and asked if she wanted a lift to the funeral!!

Anyone else who is suffering, have an extra hug.......

Dull morning after the previous couple of bright days. Quite cold, trying to resist turning the heating up.

OH has asked for fritatta with jacket spud for supper, will also do baked tomato's under the spud in the remoska. No cheese in the fritatta just herbs, will sprinkle a tiny bit of parmesan on the top with paprika. Will do rasps in jelly if he wants dessert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    a day in bed sounds like something I need,
    The past few weeks have been tiring , long days in work for me and I have been 4 10 hour work days back to back and stayed behind on thursday for a 2 hour staff meeting after work. But we get paid for extra time, meetings and things so its okay and i Love my job so it all works out.
    Just feel a bit under the weather that's all.

This morning i did very rough wedding planning. I have too much to save for and don't know where to start :eek:
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Morning all

Does anyone know how I can get back to the old forum format?

Since I logged in again after replacing my laptop I have the new format and I don't like it.

Hope all the poorlies are on the mend and hugs and spoons to all who need them.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Oh lovely, it is sleeting.

Hello pennies for future, welcome.

Deleted_User, you must be so tired, I hope you can get a bit of a test at some point today.

Today I have achieved precisely nothing, even got stuck on the Times crossword. Do I care? Do I, fishfinger.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, we're at the end of our first "normal" week with DH retired. It's gone fairly well, no major rows and we've managed some lovely walks every afternoon.

I'm training him up - eg I say that I'm going to clean the kitchen and that he is to vacuum the floors and clean the kitchen floor so he does, he even volunteered to clean the shower room and scrubbed it all out so long may that continue.

I'm taking a different tack wit meals - we're cooking dinner on alternate nights. On DH's first night we discussed what we would have but then I left him to it. I resisted every urge to ask him if he'd taken what he wanted out of the freezer or to do it for him (we could always have beans on toast if need be). When it was time for him to start cooking I told him it wasn't enough to just know what to cook he had to check that we had all the ingredients and if anything needed defrosting etc. Anyway he went through the freezer (re-organised it) and found something he could cook and it was very tasty.

I'm determined not to criticise what he does in case he flings the "well do it yourself then" back at me but in fairness there isn't much to criticise. Hopefully we'll settle down into a good partnership without one or other of us doing the lion's share. Luckily we're both in good health and can share equally.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I tossed and turned all night so got up and made a cup of tea before 6a.m. went back to bed and read a book for an hour or so then nodded off for a couple of hours which made me feel much better.

Felt so cold after getting home from the cinema yesterday I sat in the recliner with a hot water bottle. Seem to have an upset tummy so having plenty of fluids, a little bland food and staying warm at home.

I moved the cardboard boxes from the internal garage to the hall and will flatten them and keep them there ready to recycle on Tuesday.

Dumpling

I am glad Becky is settling down a little and sorry about Steve but glad that you are being proactive.

nmlc

Not your monkeys and not your circus so let them get on with the nonsense and save your strength and energy for those who appreciate it and you.

csarina

Try to get some rest if you possibly can, even if just a couple of naps.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business