PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Seller did not removed all furniture

Options
13»

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nicos42 wrote: »
    What can i do about it?
    take a day to dismantle and cut up to take to the dump and move on with your life. If your problems are that simple then enjoy your new home instead of obsessing over trivialities
  • Goath
    Goath Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The 1st house I ever bought, I walked through the door and there where ornaments on the mantle piece I boxed them up, left it a couple of months and took them to the charity shop.

The second one, I could not get in the kitchen because there was a huge leather sofa jammed in the way (don't ask) so I had to cut it up so I could get in.

Personally don't worry about - either use it or bin it.
  • ColinFishwick
    Options
    Dont let it spoil you moving home, yes they did wrong but time to move on get rid of wardrobe either Gumtree/facebook or use a lump hammer it wont last long with lump hammer. Then give house a through clean maybe get friends, relatives to help and then treat them to a takeaway after
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    My vendor left a thousand fleas. First time I went into the kitchen on a cold morning I had eight fleas instantly leap on my legs and start sucking.

And the remains of a fitted kitchen in the cellar. And a thick layer of muck. I could see it coming though having met the vendor.
  • fozziebeartoo
    Options
    mailmannz wrote: »
    Our people left the rubbish and recycling bins absolutely jammed full oh !!!!! Was quite annoyed.. .threatened to get their address from the agents so I could take all their rubbish and dump it at their new house (the wide just laughed at me and told me to !!!! up ����).

Bit miffed though at the thoughtlessness of the previous owners to do that though! Thought it was bang out of order!

I am puzzled.

Would you rather they had left it in the house???

I am quite sure that if I move, both my bins will be full on moving day.......unless it happens to be bin emptying day of course.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,703 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    take a day to dismantle and cut up to take to the dump and move on with your life.

If you are taking it to the dump, just take an axe and a heavy hammer, or a small sledgehammer. Hour's work at the most
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure