PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Seller did not removed all furniture

Options

Comments

• lotteryman
    Options
    As above .. get a big lump hammer, bonus is it will help alleviate any depression. I find bashing things up very therapeutic!

Alternatively install a wood burner - free heating ... job's a gud un!
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lotteryman wrote: »
    Alternatively install a wood burner - free heating ... job's a gud un!

1. It's most likely not wood

2. The glues used in assembly may release toxins if burnt.
  • oystercatcher
    Options
    Ikea stuff is normally snapped up on our local FB selling site. Price it low or free and get buyer to dismantle and take away.
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ikea stuff sells well on local Facebook selling sites. Take a photo and flog or freecycle it.

A dirty house? Get a cleaner in for a few hours at £10/hour.

Hardly the end of the world. Congratulations on your purchase.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • nicos42
    nicos42 Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone i ll dismantle it us not fitted is free standing and i dont have time to find someone to take it away as a freebie and I had solicitor writte to inform them i ll dismantle it.

Yes you all right happy now that I got my first house :beer: :T
    They been a pain though and us nit nice. Like the person who saud about the tyres in the garden waw thats so bad
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Slithery wrote: »
    Just get on with it, you're lucky it's only one wardrobe (I had 15 tyres left in the garden of one property).

Yes it's unfair, but taking the vendors to court for breach of contract will cost you far more time, cash and effort than just disposing of it yourself. Do you have a garden you can have a bonfire in?

Welcome to the world of property purchase.

Hear hear.....

We found fifty-seven items of furniture left in one house we purchased - admittedly it was rather a large house, or actually four flats - and being young/naive/stupid (delete as appropriate, lol!) we accepted it and moved on.

Lots of trips to the tip and skips were the order of the day and our eight year old took great delight in helping us smash it all up ;)

Our new home was fab - or had the potential to be fab once we'd finished with it - and after everything we'd been through to get the house we felt it was just a minor inconvenience!

Enjoy your new home, OP!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As others have said, no point feeling depressed about it. We had a wardrobe left behind when we moved here a few years ago. We used it for temporary storage of stuff while we unpacked over a few days and then it was dismantled and re-erected in the garage as storage for tins of paint, brushes and all sorts of other useful stuff people accumulate for DIY. Have you a garage or a shed where it might be some useful racking/shelving?
  • mailmannz
    Options
    Our people left the rubbish and recycling bins absolutely jammed full oh !!!!! Was quite annoyed.. .threatened to get their address from the agents so I could take all their rubbish and dump it at their new house (the wide just laughed at me and told me to !!!! up ����).

Bit miffed though at the thoughtlessness of the previous owners to do that though! Thought it was bang out of order!
  • artyclarty
    Options
    We had all the white goods, carpets a table and a wardrobe left. The washing machine was full of water - a 10p washer fixed it!

They had originally tried to charge us £500 for them to leave everything (including the carpets!!)

As FTBs we were delighted to have these (albeit rather dilapidated) items. Meant we could save up to buy them in a few years time when they finally go.
  • Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    I wish one of mine had left something as innocuous as a wardrobe. They left approximately 80-100 soiled nappies in the garden!

Breathe a sigh of relief that it's just furniture, as we and our neighbours could hardly breathe at all till WE bagged the nappies up and paid for their disposal as 'yellow bag' waste.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure