PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 19th January 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    NAN yes girls safely delivered to school. The roads were hazardous with cars slithering around all over the place. Middle DGD has another performance tonight at the Alhambra, DD is a chaperone and picking two more girls up on the way. I have told her I want a brief text when they are back safely or I will never get to sleep.

LAINEY ((HUGS)) Having nursed three dearly loved dogs with a terminal illness throughout our married life I know just what you are going through. It's a horrible feeling.

It's fish for tea so I had better get myself off my arris and get moving. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you all lovely people x

Rosie is going in on Wednesday to have various scans and a biopsy. If the scans show that the cancer has spread it will be a case of keeping her comfortable and happy for as long as possible, if it's still contained in her paw it will be a case of amputation of at least two toes and then possibly a course of radiation. Neither option is a good scenario, but we are where we are.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nelski Uh - oh, busted :rotfl:. Please keep things under your hat :shhh:. P.S. The bacon butty is in the post as we speak :D.
    LaineyT hugs again. My dog had bladder cancer and had to be PTS many years ago now. ( he was 11 ). I still remember the anguish of it today. I was heartbroken and I have never had another one, as I couldn't face going through that again :sad:. I'm sure you will make the right decision for Rosie.
    TA thanks for the update.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Thank you all lovely people x

Rosie is going in on Wednesday to have various scans and a biopsy. If the scans show that the cancer has spread it will be a case of keeping her comfortable and happy for as long as possible, if it's still contained in her paw it will be a case of amputation of at least two toes and then possibly a course of radiation. Neither option is a good scenario, but we are where we are.

So sorry Lainey. Whatever decision you reach, Rosie will know she is loved.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Today has been bright & dry here but a bit cold. We seem to have escaped the really awful weather apart from the very high winds.
    Quiet day today - made DH a bacon roll for lunch, I had a fried egg roll (not a fan of streaky bacon).
    He carried on with decorating the spare room whilst I baked him some coconut cookies (only ‘cos I love him or was it because he was bemoaning the fact that there were no biccies yesterday:o) Anyways, biccie Tin now two thirds full!

Dinner was the rest of last night’s chicken pie with mash & roasted veg from freezer.

Have done nothing much today but I have sneezed for England - so a Bee..ams before bed I think.
    Currently watching Foyle’s War - last time I was in France my DSis persuaded me to watch an episode & now I am hooked:D

“See you all tomorrow”

Hugs to everyone who wants or needs one.

MrsSD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure