PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 19th January 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

As expected yesterday the train wasn’t running and I didn’t fancy getting the bus to meet my sister in law because it goes all around the villages on the way and takes nearly an hour and a half. We are going to meet next week instead.

In the end I slept most of the morning. I think I was just so exhausted from being up all night worrying about the wind. There were a couple of main roads into town closed where trees had come down across them, thankfully no one was hurt.

In the afternoon I had a wander around the town. I wanted to pick up some leaflets from the library for different events that are scheduled for this year to see if there is anything I would like to go to.

No plans for today, so I will do an inventory of the kitchen cupboards. When my computer crashed last week the one on the back up was from the beginning of December, so I need to update it.

Hugs to those who are poorly or caring for someone who is.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning HOLLY and all to follow.

I am getting thoroughly fed up of this weather now. Woke up to another covering of snow this morning. It's only a thin covering but on top of the ice on the left over snow last night it will be deadly. We have the 3 girls to take to school otherwise we wouldn't even attempt to get the car out. Mr TA is unsteady enough as it is but on ice it's a bigger worry.

Assuming we get the girls delivered to school and then back home again safely I have the dubious pleasure of the Friday Tidy. One day it might be a thorough clean but I feel yet another half hearted one coming on.

Not given a thought to today's menu yet. Will get the usual everybody-wanting-different breakfasts out of the way first.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, carers, sad, lonely and worried amongst us. Take care all if out and about on snow or ice xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Cold here this morning but no snow, I doubt we will get any now :( stay safe those of you with it xx

Off to work today but I have been called to the other site to keep an eye on a situation and report back so its something a bit different anyway.

Tonight will be takeaway and wine although not too much wine as I am working this weekend.

OH will have to go and do some shopping for the week over the weekend and he will be in charge of domestics.

Stay safe those of you with snow xx

Have good days all xx
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Morning all.. There's still snow lying from yesterday, and it's frozen overnight. May thaw out a bit today.
    TA, My hairdresser did turn up - I posted about 7.30 last night, but don't know if you've seen it.
    Hope you get your Dgd's to school safely, and Mr TA gets home ok.

General cleaning and tidying today I think, heaven knows it needs it. I haven't felt wonderful over the last couple of weeks with this wretched UTI, anyway this latest course of anti b's seem to be working, fingers crossed. So I will have to force myself on to do stuff properly. Mr SR will lend a hand.

Take care everyone, especially if it's icy where you are, and have a good day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    [STRIKE]w[/STRIKE]Morning all,

Thanks for the support you gave me yesterday. Both on thread and in private concerning my Son. My head is now a little clearer.

Slept well, first time for days, despite watching open heart surgery on demand last night. Couldnt face the double mastectomy though, that was a step too far.

Did I tell you ive put the hounds on a diet? Both have health issues that hinder their mobility and their weight has crept up. My own weight is stable but im not losing weight. No health issues here but not a fan of the great outdoors so both me and the hounds are on half rations. 'Blackun' is trying to pinch the bog roll and I must admit, im tempted too.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all, was absent yesterday as very tired after a rubbish night's sleep (howling gale) and have again been up since 3 but don't know what woke me. I'll have a warm bath and go back to bed later.

Not posting much of interest as I've been at home, this bug is quite knackering. Improving thpugh.

Thinking of the worried, sad and poorlies.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another bad day yesterday, OH ended up back in bed just after 8pm, slept and then could not settle to sleep, so I was awake until after 1pm again, despite being desperately tired.

Cleaners here this morning, I am going to ask them to leave out bedroom, will do it myself whilst OH is up too much rubbish about.

I sent for one og those antenna that is advertised on Facebook, I specifically sent and asked them if it would work in our bungalow because of the steel behind the brick facing, they told me it should, well it did not even on the window , so am waiting to hear from them, about a refund and sending it back. I had hoped to rig up a TV in the bedroom, so thats out of the window, too expensive to do it any other way. I would have to get another twin lead from the disc and another humax box and possibly a bigger TV.

Feeling quite down just now, so tired and this attack seems never ending, we are going into the 4th week now.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Lots of hugs to anyone in need xx

I ended up sleeping on the sofa as the hound was scratching at her ears during the evening & she tends to start barking during the night.I put drops in and she never budged.Think I woke a couple of times as we have a conservatory type roof over the dining part of the kitchen and it did hailstone.No snow though & that was forecast for here.

I shall go to town later this morning and also pop in Al di,fridge is looking a bit bare.Made sausage casserole last night with a pack of reduced chipolatas and lots of veg.The men all said 'what's this ?' but said it was 'quite tasty actually' :rotfl:

DH & I sent a quiz off from a local newsletter at New Year.Yesterday an envelope popped through the letterbox with a fiver in it,we came joint 2nd with 2 others so the prize was shared.Still every little helps! I've claimed the prize as we were stuck on 3 answers and I finally got them- 2 were wrong though if we'd got 1 less we wouldn't have won anything :D

Better take the pooch out,bye for now and take care if its slippy xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    No snow here in Essex not looking like we will get any . Had to scrape the car to take DS to work he is unhappy at work at the moment and is looking for something else they keep running out of work and making them take annual leave.Dolly has had a good run with her doggie chums this morning and is now on neighbourhood watch . DH is still in bed but feeling a bit better his cough has eased off but still has the aches and blocked nose.
    Dinner tonight is YS pasta dish as i am out having my nails done for monday, really need to go shopping as run out of cook for Dolly but i am waiting for the fencing people to get in touch .
    Hugs to all those who are unwell or looking after those who are unwell.
    Gentle thoughts to those who need some extra strength
    Have a great day whatever you are up and stay warm x
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Cold but at least bright here with no snow.

Bit of a mixed old day yesterday, Lulu's results came back all clear so we are all systems go for the move, a week today.
    Not such good news for our old dog, the vet phoned yesterday evening to say the initial results show the lump on her foot is a malignant tumour, obviously they don't know it's a primary and secondary? We are going into the surgery this morning to talk over all the options, she is over 13 and we need to think very carefully about how much we put her through, it's all about quality now not quantity. Bless, love the very bones of her and this hurts :(

Get well wishes to all poorlies and hugs to all with worries x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport