How much to shoe a horse?

Options
2»

Comments

• davsidipp
    davsidipp Posts: 11,514 Forumite
    Options
    mehefin wrote: »
    Thanks to all who have replied ( sensibly!)

Know what you mean - we even ring one of our farriers about 20 mins before due to see if he will be on time... and he invariably isn't even when he's said he will be :mad:

Not querying if our farriers are expensive - we are lucky to have two very good ones master and his ex apprentice. The younger is much more willing to give new ideas a try and is always going to demos, courses etc..
    Unfortunately expertise costs - sometimes think we are personally sponsoring him!!
    yes im afraid farriers are like plummers very much in demand and not a poor one in site.
    Before you point fingers,make sure your hands are clean !;)
  • churchmouse_3
    Options
    Up here in scotland we are short of farriers, some are good and come when pre-booked others show up when they feel like it. Still you pay for service here and a good one also charges for petrol costs on top so i can pay £90 for a new set and a trim on 2 ponies....
    We should though not let them intimidate us, knowing that we depend on them makes some of them get cheeky, turning up whenever it suits them not you and never explaining why, they should be reported to the governing body. I guess we are all too nice..........
  • upferret
    upferret Posts: 691 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In stockport £50 for a full set of shoes and £10 for a trim.
    November £10 a day challenge. Im starting early- 66p so far!
  • MAPLE
    MAPLE Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I live in Shropshire and I pay £50 for removal of old, trim and set of 4 new. That quite reasonable I thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure