Contract ending with Virgin - what to do next?

Our introductory offer of £55 for Full house (including Sky movies) is coming to an end this month. It will be going up to £80+ per month!

I have tried contacting them through the online chat asking if we could get tied in for another year at a deal and they said its only a welcome discount.

Has anyone had any luck getting a better deal with Virgin which includes the Sky Sports or is it a good idea to switch altogether?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Speak to retentions, how long you been with Virgin ?
  • brewer1998
    brewer1998 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 January 2018 at 5:14PM
    I'll be going through this process in April and just getting some prices ready to fire at them.
    Last time my contract ended and the price went up I ended up speaking to retentions as the normal rep couldn't give me, or match my demands, I had a 12 month deal with Sky in hand for leverage. The Sky deal was unbeatable at around £35 if I remember for full channels, movies, sports, phone and broadband on a 12 month contract.
    I didn't really want all that anyway and certainly didn't want a dish attaching to my property, been there done that and in our situation (the house) we used to get a good deal of inteference with the picture, sometimes it was unwatchable in really bad weather. I know there was no way I could get the price down to that of Sky but bartering with them got it down £45 with BT sports thrown in, which I didn't have before.
    Over 2 year on and it's creeping up again, three price rises we'll be up to £66 in April when the contract is up and no BT sports I guess. I'm thinking of chucking it in for just phone and BB depending on what they come up with in a deal. I don't really want to lose my landline with VM and go to a BT line with Fibre BB have heard it's not very good in our area, I'll need the line reactivating too.
    New customers are always looked after better than loyal ones there's the rub, been with them for over 15 years, I feel sometimes I'm the mug.
    Just be prepared to switch if absolutely necessary with an option somewhere to barter with, I've found just over recent times VM are getting very difficult to get any sort of reasonable deal out of but hang on in there, they'll bend eventually.
  • Trying to decipher that wall of blurb and text...

Yes new customers do get better deals - as I am sure you did at the time of becoming a new customer .
    When you were notified of your price increases you would have had the options to leave without penalty, or you could have called them and discussed setting up a new deal at a reduced cost
  • If anything like Sky then you will have to let the service switch off that's when you get the best offers. And also ask yourself do you really need all those channels? What about Freeview/Now Tv?
  • Virgin would not offer us any sort of good deal on the tv, phone and broadband. Unfortunately their broadband is the best we can get in our area and so we have just ended up reducing to broadband only...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure