Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted** - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

edited 16 November 2019 at 7:25AM in Savings & Investments
3.5K replies 625.8K views

Replies

• Westie983Westie983 Forumite, Board Guide
    5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has turned into the 'chatty Regular Saver thread' rather than just highlighting genuine new issues or changes.

Let's hope it doesn't get marked as Spam and disappear again!

Fingers crossed that wont happen.

A good point made though about the comments, but it can still be a thread for changes when Special Saver is back online.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2020 #33 Total (£2300) £3500.00/£5000 = 70.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 14 #24 Total (£150)+£0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2020 £1 a Day #8 Total (£365)+£0.00/£365 = 0.00%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500)+£0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2020 #11 Total (£720)+£4.00/£300 = 1.33%
    Total £4369.00/£6665 = 65.55%
    I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email [email protected]
  • Kim_13Kim_13 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Newshound!
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that it's no longer possible to get a card for the Flex Regular Saver account. I applied for it from outside online banking as I did last year (when I had a card) but the account I have been given is in the xxxx/xxxxxxxxx format rather than sort code and account number. Also, I can't find any mention of cards on the Flex Regular Saver page any longer.

I will send them a secure message to ask for a card but I'm not hopeful.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00
  • ColdIronColdIron Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    It appears that it's no longer possible to get a card for the Flex Regular Saver account.
    Are you mixing up the old Regular Savings with the Regular Saver which is a different product line. I had a card with a sort code and account no for my old Regular Savings account but all my previous Regular Saver accounts (since 2015) were in the format xxxx/xxxxxxxxx and no card
  • edited 25 January 2018 at 6:19PM
    Kim_13Kim_13 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Newshound!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25 January 2018 at 6:19PM
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Are you mixing up the old Regular Savings with the Regular Saver which is a different product line. I had a card with a sort code and account no for my old Regular Savings account but all my previous Regular Saver accounts (since 2015) were in the format xxxx/xxxxxxxxx and no card

No, the first Regular Saver I had with Nationwide was Jan 16. That one took the xxxx/xxxxxxxxx format as I opened it from online banking. During the period of holding that account, I found via MSE that a workaround to get a card was to apply from outside of online banking. I duly did this upon maturity in Jan 17 and my new account was in the sort code and account number format with a card issued.

I've had an email to say there's a response to my secure message, so I'll update later when I have my card reader to hand. It may be that it's something that's quietly changed between issue 1 and issue 2, as that's the only thing that's different to last year.

Edit: Their response has confirmed it's as I expected. Issue 1 did offer cards but Issue 2 doesn't have this facility.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00
  • pwhitfpwhitf Forumite
    52 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ashen the £200 will be returned to the originating account from Saffron. I have done this before and it usually takes a couple of days.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • focaefocae Forumite
    147 posts
    Ipswich BS Smart Save (Issue 2) is now at 2.85% including bonus
  • glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    focae wrote: »
    Ipswich BS Smart Save (Issue 2) is now at 2.85% including bonus
    Also Issue 1 is up to 3.35% from 3.25%. The website doesn't give a date this is effective from and I received no notification from Ipswich BS.

• nomorekidsnomorekids Forumite
    366 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Principality 4% Regular Saver can be opened by post. I did :j
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    nomorekids wrote: »
    Principality 4% Regular Saver can be opened by post. I did :j
    Except...
    " Only available to Members who’ve been with us for two years or more, this bond, with a one year term, offers regular saving at an exclusive rate to reward loyal savers and mortgage customers."
  • aj23_2aj23_2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing. Thank you. You should do the same for Help to Buy ISAs.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support