Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Holmesdale increasing their rate for those that choose to mature their issue 3 into an issue 4. From 1.85 to 2.1%

https://www.theholmesdale.co.uk/savings/products/2104-regular-saver-issue-4
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    "Only available to existing customers with a maturing Regular Saver (Issue 3) Account"

Yep - the giveaway is when I typed:

Holmesdale increasing their rate for those that choose to mature their issue 3 into an issue 4. From 1.85 to 2.1%

:rotfl:
  • veryintrigued
    edited 21 August 2018 at 6:15PM
    Options
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Does anyone know whether the Monmouthshire Regular Saver is a calendar month or monthly from opening. I asked via facebook and the answer was just to ensure that 12 payments are made, so to make a payment every calendar month.
    I always work on a calendar month. My first deposit was on 29/05 .. next deposit was 01/06. Their leaflet talks about £250 per month with the one sentence which covers it .. 'You can make any number of payments up to an overall total of £250 per month'.

However it does state a max of £3K can be deposited meaning 12 max payments and not 13.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unexpected email from Virgin saying the online regular saver issue 7 is increasing to 2.50%. I thought this account was fixed rate? No word on the other issues yet.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Virginia Money Regular E Saver 7

Yes, it's fixed. Presumably you can refuse to accept the rise.

Issue 7 is the oldest unmatured Regular E Saver. I expect VM will be working through Issues 8 to 12 increasing the rate by 0.25pc.
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too only for e-saver 7 - hopefully they spend a few more emails about my others!
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Unexpected email from Virgin saying the online regular saver issue 7 is increasing to 2.50%. I thought this account was fixed rate? No word on the other issues yet.

Seconding the fact that the product information sheet states the rate is fixed. Not too surprised, since they mentioned regular saver rates would be increasing after the base rate announcement.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same here, just for Virgin RS issue 7 so far...
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    Options
    Assuming they increase the rate on Issues 8-12, this will make for a nice little 0.5% bonus that I wasn't expecting. :D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure