PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Your phrasing is exquisite, DfV :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    In fact, do an image search for "hexagon patchwork", and prepare to be amazed :kisses3: Just seen a Fibonacci one ... of course, I really want a heptagonal one, seeing as I live in Westeros some of the time :D And oh my, people have been making quilts based on Game of Thrones. Bliss.

Will I never learn? Nearly made myself late for an appointment. :rotfl: one of my UFOs, which I'm hanging on to because it definitely sparks joy, is a bag of 1" hexes and lots of scrap fabric.

My mum taught me to make patchwork quilts like this when I was little, we didn't call it "English paper piecing" it was just patchwork! I think I have enough for 2/3 of a single bed quilt. One of the things that is holding me up (apart from making another 100 patches) is that I can't decide whether to make it completely random, do it in shades of colour, make flowers .... well I'm still undecided, I just have even more options to think about now.

Not the Fibonacci though. They don't do it for me. Game of Thrones, on the other hand ...
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    I've not been in for a while hope you remember me and I can come back. Sadly my husband passed away in January after a short (6 month) illness, the funeral was last Wednesday so I'm going to have to come to terms with being on my own and slowly start sorting through what we have and what I need or what holds special memories. At the moment that is most things but I've made a small start.
    I hope you are all well I recognise a lot of names from when I was hear before, I didn't post anywhere during DHs illness as he didn't want discussing on social media and I respect that.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Moneypenny. So sorry for your very sad loss. Lovely to see you back here but please be very gentle with yourself. We will all offer as much support to you as we can even though it's 'virtual'

A couple of 'outs' - two old mobile phones given to some friends and the bags of wood ash being taken to the local horticultural society - glad they'll be put to good use!
    Wishing everyone a good day today.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mrs Moneypenny, I am very sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself.

Remember that as you are going through all the things in the house to decide whether they can stay or need to go, to thank them for their service. Trust your gut when you feel 'called' do deal with certain items or areas, even if they are not in the recommended order. I think that is your brain telling you you are ready to deal with that amount of emotion now, the other items may be too 'heavy' just yet.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Moneypenny, so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can understand stepping back from online as he specifically didn't want anything to be out there in that way. And heavens, the funeral was only Wednesday? As silvasava says, please be gentle with yourself - though coming on here for a chat, rather than **doing**, is a way of being gentle, for sure. Thinking of you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Big virtual hugs Mrs Moneypenny. We're all here if you need us.

I'm wondering if the girls will notice if i go for the cheaper range of food this weekend.. don't get paid until Mon and really want to get the wood chips for the allotment as the weather is perfect for cracking on with weeds from another area!

Whilst doing some random kondo and getting things together for eBay I have just found 2 badminton rackets. Nothing really amiss until I tell you that I actually have another 2 in the boot of the car none of which have been used!

Hope the sun is shining on you all and bringing out the 'get up and go' attitude!
    Go get it!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Morning all
    I've not been in for a while hope you remember me and I can come back. Sadly my husband passed away in January after a short (6 month) illness, the funeral was last Wednesday so I'm going to have to come to terms with being on my own and slowly start sorting through what we have and what I need or what holds special memories.

Sorry to read that.xxx:(
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry Mrs-moneypenny, do look after yourself.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news, mrs-moneypenny. As others have said, it's definitely a time to be kind to yourself xx

Random toot acquired during half term is now sat in a bag outside along with other similar items (think McD toys still in bags, hotel toiletries, free sheets of stickers promoting the new Leg0 movie) for the shoebox appeal lady to collect :D I didn't decline these items/ leave them behind because I know they can be useful for this purpose :T

1 bag of other random items dropped at CS this week - and I already have another full bag to go there this coming week! :eek:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport