PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    We had one of those - ours was a deep pink colour, dyed in the twintub along with the wooden tongs :D

Oh those tongs just the mention brought back the soapy smell of warm wood and the slick, slippery feel as you hauled the washing from tub side to spin dryer. On a Monday!
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 August 2018 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Justin is still lurking but it is good to see he is being challenged on this thread. I have kondoed quite a few bits of clothing over the last couple of weeks, mostly as they had worn out. One grey top had even been repaired and I had got a few months more wear out of it. I am trying to go zero waste here too so if it can be repurposed as anything- flannels, rags, dishcloths etc. I try that first. Yesterday I kondoed 21 (yes 21) copies of massage world dating from 2011 to present day , luckily they are only quarterly! They went to a practising therapist who collected them from the door. Win win I think is how they describe that. She is going to pass them back to our tutor when she has finished for student therapist to use.
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 August 2018 at 12:45PM
    Options
    DPouring with rain yesterday morning so hit the paperwork. Three ringbinders consolidated into one. Huge bag of shredded statements from bank and various saving schemes, one shelf of the biomass cleared. TBH the room of doom looks worse rather than better but will soon be cleared away. I could do more but had enough for the mo. Busy day today but weekend looks clear so I'll finish off then.

Not biomass you silly tablet! BOOKCASE!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    At long last I've been able to kondo the packaging for a custom made roller blind, which I had kept in case it needed to go back to the manufacturer. I had a long wait for the handyman, but it went up fine and looks fab. It's a blackout blind, the pattern matches the curtains, and as well as protecting the carpet from direct sunlight in the late afternoon, it provides some privacy too.

I'm away for a while, then the next phase will be hanging pictures. This will clear space behind the sofa which is earmarked for two folding chairs, which are reducing access in the only deep cupboard. The suitcase I need when I visit family far away is going to live in a friend's garage. It's the elephant in the room just now, parked behind an armchair, in all its lime greenness (easily spotted at baggage reclaim, but an eyesore here).
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    3 pairs of trousers and a top that are too big, together with a blue glass globe ornament (which is rather nice, but no longer sparks joy) to the CS today. I did return with an Olive coloured lightweight M&S jacket - a smart one:D. I am O.K. for winter weight coats, but had nothing to wear when wanting to be more dressed up on days which were chilly and a little bit damp like today.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just kondoed a few days away in the land of my heritage :) Expensive but needed! Caught up with DD2 too as she is living there ATM. Whenever I go away I always come back with the urge to have a purge around the house - think its because I am away from it that I begin to think about it more......IYSWIM! Need to blast Eb*Y and other selling forums which will in turn go towards the cost of the trip away!! Have a stack of books and DVDs to go on Ziff!t but will wait until BH as they often have an offer on ;)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »

Not biomass you silly tablet! BOOKCASE!!

:rotfl: brilliant!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :p I'm so glad I no longer have my smartphone, the predictive text was like trying to be second-guessed by a smart-arrised five year old, it really got on my wick.

Yesterday, my lovelies, I was Playing Shops. First, I gave the juntique shop the benefit of my [STRIKE]interf[/STRIKE] ahem! experience. A passing dealer Expressed An Interest in a certain category of Thing and before he knew what hit him, we were down the in cellar pulling out Stuff left, right and centre.

Quite a bit of which he proceeded to purchase and remove from the premises, to my pal's great pleasure. Plus, I was allowed to play with the jewellery again.

Once I'd finished there, I went to another pal's charity shop and was invited to re-arrange the bric a brac and to restock from the boxes of Misc out the back. Which I did joyously until well after closing time. I shall look forward to dropping in later in the week and seeing how much of it they have sold.

I have also added another 0.75 of a tonne of spent barley grains from the brewery to Plot2 and a little to Plot1. As I was forking around on the latter, another demmed piece of waffle rubber carpet underlay surfaced, just when I thought I'd got all of it.

Tell ya, if I ever get my hands on the nitwit who put that on there (the whole plot was carpetted in it) there Will Be Trouble Ahead.

Have a great dayl, lovely peeps. GQ xx
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Yesterday I kondoed 2 giant courgettes into 5 jars of chutney :)

Still at least 3 giant courgettes to deal with...
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GQ! Three quarters of a ton? Yikes. And loving the playing shops :):):)

Carrie - thats also impressive :)

All I've been doing on the prepping level is more digging of the front border - all that work, hours in total, and there's about a square yard free and clear of any weeds or roots :( I'm a bit horrified, actually, but that small area of land has produced two full buckets of weed and root. One more quick dig tomorrow and I'm going to put half a bag of the bark chippings on there :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport