PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Phew only just & I mean "just" made it back in before torrential rain poured down:)

Scorchio here... and all day. Cloudless sky - and it's been 80F inside all day with the curtains closed to keep the heat out - and this room doesn't even get much direct sun as it's East facing.

Got my little fan on :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was very sticky & humid earlier but much cooler than earlier now. We're not forecast for the high temps in some parts - looks as though it will be a very pleasant 20C ish for the next few days.
  • caronc
    Options
    Since I've obviously got too much time on my hands today.... ;)

My sunflower saga...

15 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 15 baby sunflowers started off from seed
    and if 3 baby sunflowers should fail to thrive at all, there'll be 12 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    12 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 12 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 1 baby sunflower should get accidently crushed, there'll be 11 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    11 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 11 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 3 baby sunflowers get munched one night by slugs there' ll be 8 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    8 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 8 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 5 baby sunflowers don't like the scorching sun there'll be 3 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    3 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 3 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 2 baby sunflowers get eaten by caterpillars there be 1 lonely sunflower started off from seed.
    1 lonely sunflower started off from seed, 1 lonely sunflower started off from seed and if 1 lonely sunflower doesn't hurry up and flower there'll be no baby sunflowers started off from seed :rotfl::rotfl:

Not my most successful plant growing attempt :o
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,270 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Since I've obviously got too much time on my hands today.... ;)

My sunflower saga...

15 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 15 baby sunflowers started off from seed
    and if 3 baby sunflowers should fail to thrive at all, there'll be 12 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    12 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 12 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 1 baby sunflower should get accidently crushed, there'll be 11 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    11 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 11 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 3 baby sunflowers get munched one night by slugs there' ll be 8 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    8 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 8 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 5 baby sunflowers don't like the scorching sun there'll be 3 baby sunflowers started off from seed.
    3 baby sunflowers started off from seed, 3 baby sunflowers started off from seed and if 2 baby sunflowers get eaten by caterpillars there be 1 lonely sunflower started off from seed.
    1 lonely sunflower started off from seed, 1 lonely sunflower started off from seed and if 1 lonely sunflower doesn't hurry up and flower there'll be no baby sunflowers started off from seed :rotfl::rotfl:

Not my most successful plant growing attempt :o

'ere you go, borrow some of mine :D
    Self saved seed

sunflowere.jpg
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    'ere you go, borrow some of mine :D
    Self saved seed

sunflowere.jpg
    How lovely :D- mine were (is) the dwarf teddy bear ones. I thought they might be more successful in pots than the tall ones .......
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nice flowers. I am melting, packing all day and steps getting slower and slower. Cheese and tomato sandwich for last meal and my rm veg tomato casserole for lunch, which was lovely. I have to eat veg tomorrow or they will end up being thrown, I haven`t got time to cook a full meal and have resorted to a bedtime cosh of 2 capsules of melatonin and valerian, first time last night and I had the best much needed sleep to the sound of an allnight fan. Give me cold any day and I am not kidding
  • caronc
    Options
    Sounds as though things are hectic "Chez Kittie" - it will be worth it when you move <<hugs>>
  • caronc
    Options
    Dinner ended up as roasted veg, nuked tomatoes, poached egg and a pitta. Worked really well and good cba meal. I have a smallish portion of roasted veg left, I suspect it might be popped in the freezer tomorrow.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm another one who's wishing for the cold Kittie I did suggest to my sister tonight that we may not be related as she was saying how wonderful the weather is and long may it last, I was grumbling about not breathing and not sleeping, just being a grumpy person really :o and they are threatening temperatures up to 35 :(. She reminded me as I was the one born in hospital it is more likely I'm the one swapped at birth :rotfl:

I started decluttering the small bedroom, unfortunately it's at the front and the sun hits it after lunch for the rest of the day, so stuff has been dragged downstairs, just hoping no one visits tomorrow as it's reached the messy before it gets better stage

Lunch was a chicken salad and dinner was a couple of boiled eggs at least the heat is affecting my appetite :D I've lost a half stone in a couple of weeks :T
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    :rotfl: Who are these lucky people who lose their appetite?:rotfl:

Come rain or shine/happiness or otherwise = mine is still there regardless and demanding a meal every mealtime:cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback